AuthorTopic: A skin appears!  (Read 30851 times)

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Re: A skin appears!

Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 11:30:56 pm
I love it. Please make a selector of skins, I also love the classic pixelation one. :)

Offline Doppleganger

• Fall!
    • View Profile

Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 02:58:44 am
I like it! For a hot second I was taken aback, but that quickly changed to acceptance and then appreciation. I do agree with some of the comments on the icons, but it sounds like that may be getting sorted at some point.

Offline Lazycow

• Do androids dream of electric sheep?
    • flurrycow
    • flurrycow
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/15168.htm
    • View Profile
    • homepage

Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 04:03:08 pm
Hi, the new skin is nice, except that dark brown border. The contrast to the light text area is exhausting for my eyes somehow.
Any chance to brighten it up again?
A man touched down on the moon, a wall came down in Berlin, a world was connected by our own science and imagination. Yes we can!

Offline Redshrike

• View Profile

Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 07:30:57 pm
I don't dislike the skin at all, but I don't like changing something that I like and am used to.  For that reason I would appreciate an option to change back to the original skin, were that an easy thing to do.

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 08:21:56 pm
The "A new post exists" icon for the forums, and for topics page don't match. I'm pretty sure they used to, but if they didn't for some reason I had an easier time finding them on the old one.

On the main page, a forum that has new posts is orange. That's great, it's easy to see.

When I click that forum, a TOPIC that has new posts has a black and green icon. That doesn't match, and also blends into the background more. It'd be cool if the "A new post exists" icon could be made orange like the forum ones for topics.

Edit: And hmmm... while it hasn't affected me until just now since I don't post often, I really dislike the nameless icons. I understand you've added mouse over tips to make it a little easier per someone else's request. But... It took me much longer to find the edit post and reply buttons on this new skin. And I realize I'll learn where they are eventually, but every new member must go through that same hassle.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 08:27:54 pm by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline Batzy

• Huzzah....
    • View Profile
    • GameBros

Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 09:36:50 pm

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 09:51:26 pm
I'm keeping track of all the suggestions and complaints and will be able to get back to them and make fixes accordingly on Saturday the 25th. So, keep it coming and thanks for all the positive feedback too :)

Offline Anarkhya

• View Profile
    • Hello, this is what I do

Reply #47 on: September 23, 2010, 08:04:06 am
Hi there!

To be honest, one of my first feelings was: Ouch! Why green vs yellow?
So you can count me in the I-want-theme-selector crowd!
Besides, SMF admin panel let you know how many members uses a particular theme, and this is a valuable info IMO.

The previous theme was, among all SMF I have visited, a true "coup de coeur" because It used a combination of colors, saturation, visuals and readability that I found really blowing and unusual, even in 2010. Now I'm not strongly opposed to this new theme, but I'm not really fond of, mainly because of the palette and some of the minimalistic icons. The C0BC90 + A9B293 combo placed here and then hurts me, for instance. Also the topic icons seem not understandable-at-first-glance enough to me. I won't name some sections in particulars because this is a general feeling I have.

Now, since I'm also currently in the middle of CSS-ing a SMF forum I know that it's a difficult task, and that kicking the habits don't please everyone, especially when "everyone" means 4.000 members ;)

Anyway, Good luck with this new theme!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:12:32 am by Anarkhya »

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 11:17:48 am
Yah, there will be theme selector action sooner or later. :)
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 10:51:38 pm
Love the new colours.

... back to the lurk ...