AuthorTopic: Adoptable Sprites  (Read 6139 times)

Offline Umbre

• View Profile

Adoptable Sprites

on: September 16, 2010, 01:03:52 am

Note to all, these sprites are finalized. While I appreciate comments, the sprites are already in use and I don't intend to edit them.

Some sprite sets I made for an adoptables site, curious what you all think.  Note that color count was not an issue, so I went for detail instead of low color count.

<- Egg is semitransparent, tends to look a bit better on light backgrounds

And a random dragon

Offline micintexp

• View Profile

Re: Adoptable Sprites

Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:10:08 am
I like the fox a lot :P.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:02:40 am by micintexp »

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 01:27:05 am
The point of this forum is to have your work critiqued and improve, not to show off your work. If you don't intend to make edits, then don't post this in the pixel art forum. Post stuff like this in the portfolio section I think.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 05:28:00 am
The quick brown fox jumps ...

... err sorry. Interferences.

Your "night fox" is less readable than the "yellow" one. I'm not 100% sure, but that could be due to the white being "too white" compared to its dark look, or to the eyes lacking some AA. You may want to move his "night spiral" further away from his face.

edit: The texture of your chameleon is a bit surprising for scales (a bit noisy, maybe) and suggest more grass to me ... which to some extent could become very funny -- a texture-mimmic'ing chameleon that not only reproduced the colour, but also the shape of grass -- if you put it one little step further.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:46:31 am by PypeBros »

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:31:38 am
The point of this forum is to have your work critiqued and improve, not to show off your work. If you don't intend to make edits, then don't post this in the pixel art forum. Post stuff like this in the portfolio section I think.

Adcrusher, I appreciate you wanting this forum to work as well as it could, but I'd rather see you offering critique or comments, than see you moderating like this : D

The fact of the matter is that it's 100% ok to state that you're not going to make edits, because everyone is still allowed to give feedback on it.

Had he/she said that we're not allowed to give feedback, then yeah, that would've been pointless.

Anyways, my point: Give critique if anything. And it's allowed to state that you're not going to make edits, as long as you don't keep people from giving constructive feedback. Although being ready to revise your own art would be the best, heh!
' _ '

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:52 am
I think both versions of the adult fox have serious issues with the position of their head. At first I thought, oh it's looking over its left shoulder. Then I reconsidered the pose and thought, right shoulder? Then I just decided the head was on backwards.

Offline 9_6

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 09:40:09 am
That fish is pretty awesome.
One way to improve this would be to mix up your hues a bit.
Especially that chameleon has nothing but shades of green, going more towards yellow the brighter it gets might already make a difference.
Be a bit more daring with colors and it makes stuff look a little more natural.
If you do this, you'll soon notice how boring monochrome dark to bright gradients actually look.
Does scaling an image blur it?
Opera fix Firefox fix

Offline Shadnire

• Matriarch of the Ethereal Vampires
    • View Profile
    • EtherealDeity

Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 06:18:59 pm
Those pixels are awesome, for a simple test could you please show me any avatar (people) pixels if you could? I have a very good reason why I am asking this, please reply soon, thank you. PM me for any details or questions.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 06:56:43 pm
Those pixels are awesome, for a simple test could you please show me any avatar (people) pixels if you could? I have a very good reason why I am asking this, please reply soon, thank you. PM me for any details or questions.
... Uhh...  :-\
You should probably PM this stuff instead of posting it, Shadnire, and be less cryptic about it. Soliciting in the pixel art section is kind of odd.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Smood

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 07:00:46 pm
I really like them all!