AuthorTopic: [WIP] Plant  (Read 2790 times)

Offline Gatts

• View Profile

[WIP] Plant

on: September 14, 2010, 08:47:53 pm

Need critics here '-'

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Plant

Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:09:34 pm
Why isn't the top of the head shaded? Makes it look really flat.      Reminds me of Deviljho xD http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100703211344/monsterhunter/images/8/85/Deviljho-Encyclopedia-Scan.jpg
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Gatts

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:48 pm
Because it is a WIP

i'm not done with it xP

Offline CodeCriminal

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:52 pm
It is well shaded thus far, although i feel the 'stalk' of the plant is a little jagged (plus fluctuating levels of thickness along the stalk adds to the jaggedness). If the intent was not to make the stalk look smooth, perhaps you could try exageratting the bumps a bit more and have them be more rounded.
The mouth for me is problematic, i can't really see the jaw structure so detail is needed to convey this (Im assuming that will come when you begin to shade the whole head).. Where the jaw and top of the head meet inside the mouth, it is a little too rounded and the it looks like it broke its teeth on a hard rock, try to lengthen/sharpen them a bit.

The right most root seems to have banding going on, fix that.

Heres your plant with indications as to what im talking about.

Blue - Indicates where the stalk fluctuates
Purple - slight banding problem
Yellow - Jaw proposal
Red - Teeth

Sigh.. whenever I try to help someone on here, I always feel like I shouldn't because I am by no means a pro, this is just something I randomly do sometimes (pixel art/spriting that is)...

Anyway I hope I helped, If not beat me with a stick or something  :y:

EDIT: Prime example of the jaggedness i speak of, take a look at the left (our left) side just above the lowest blue line...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:02:27 pm by CodeCriminal »

Offline Gatts

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 01:36:15 am
Thanks for your tips. They were really, really usefull  ;D

Sigh.. whenever I try to help someone on here, I always feel like I shouldn't because I am by no means a pro, this is just something I randomly do sometimes (pixel art/spriting that is)...

Tailking serioulsy, i admire your work alot. Speccialy this character from your avatar and all of their animation.

thanks  :P