AuthorTopic: robot wires [WIP]  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

robot wires [WIP]

on: September 11, 2010, 03:32:15 am
Hey Pixelation:)  I have been working on this big guy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us I am having some problems with making the wires on him look like wires xD. I also put up the initial drawing on the off chance that it would be helpful. So any help would be greatly appreciated ;D

Update:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us Still not really happy with the wire effect though  :ouch:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:38:57 pm by Demon11777 »
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Re: robot wires [WIP]

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 05:30:33 pm
Very awkward pose.

This guy doesn't look very well held together. More like a pile of assorted bits; no cohesion. He seems dead, inactive. The wires are the least of your worries. You've made the classic mistake of micro-managing only parts of him with little attention to the whole form.

No feet? What is this thing? He appears to need a lot of refinement.

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:05:22 pm
Well that sucks xD. Despite how god awful it looks I actually did put a lot of man hours just into the stance  ;) what can I say? I just a nooby. anywho I have been looking at some stances/ mechs (mostly the one from neon genesis ) And I am kinda happy that you think it looks dead, because he hasn't been active in thousands of years. I never really wanted him to have feet but i will definitely consider it if you believe that it will improve him.  Thank you for your reply  :y:
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 07:22:37 pm
You can always have some wires poking out if you don't want to do feet--as if the feet have been torn away over time.