AuthorTopic: [WIP] Caz Nostuh  (Read 3345 times)

Offline BlueGoop

• View Profile

[WIP] Caz Nostuh

on: September 05, 2010, 07:54:37 am
Character designs for the main character of my game. This is also test style 1.
After getting around 5 styles done that look ok, I'm going to put them to a vote.
So please CnC this so I can improve it.
Please feel free to edit it and post it in this thread to show me how to improve it, but don't claim it as your own (I doubt anyone will because it's shit)
The thing on his left is his weapon
It's's meant to be a clenched fist under the blue gem thing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Edit*
Changed colours and added in a WIP animation
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:25:14 am by BlueGoop »

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Caz Nostuh

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 12:34:06 pm
Reminds of Ezreal's kind of detail on the arm, heh.
The style sure is good enough, the animation needs abit of a fix though.
He looks more like jumping then in ready stance, try to slow down the animation abit.

The left arm also looks to be extending itself rather then moving, try to "make it more bending" then stretching.
And the right arm looks to be punching rather then bouncing. Since it's angled towards us, you should be able to make the lower part move up and down, while leaving the slower movement to the upper arm.

Offline BlueGoop

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:29:47 am
ok thanks alot for the advice :)

Offline Lukkas

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 03:29:26 am
In addition to BlueGoop's recommendations, I think the character's hair needs to be highlighted, especially if you intend to keep the clothing the same color as they are currently. It makes him look a bit like a dark grey mess. I had a similar problem with a sprite I worked on recently. Dark grey armor, dark grey hair, dark grey boots... Made him very blegh.

I also think a glowing effect on the gem on his glove would make it more apparent what it is, and improve the overall look of the sprite.

It's good work. I like your style. :)