AuthorTopic: I'm making an online pixel editor and I would like your feedback  (Read 2321 times)

Offline STRd6

• View Profile
    • Pixie
I'm new here to Pixelation, but I've heard good things from TIGForums. I'm a programmer by trade, with only minor experience in creating pixel art, but a big love of low res and retro style gaming art. I'm creating a pixel editing website and catalog, where anyone can draw simple, small pixel graphics as well as build on the work of others. The goal is to have a fun and collaborative experience where people can share their creations.

I came here to ask for your help because my experience in the creation pixel art is limited, and because the Pixelation community has a range of experience levels and viewpoints. I could really use your feedback and constructive criticism.

The website currently in beta and is located here: Pixel Editor

There is no download or install required, though it does require a browser that supports the canvas element (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, or IE9).

If you can, find the time to take a look at the site and the tools and let me know what you think.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and contributions.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:48:47 am by STRd6 »

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile
IT WORKS GOOD :)

A quick doodle:

(optimization and touchup in GIMP)

Bug report: after clicking on Eyedropper and picking a color, the tool goes back to Pencil, but this is not reflected in the selection on the left

I really appreciate the tiled view :)

Can you greyscale-ize the tool cursor-icon? this would make it easier to focus on the picture.

The fixed zoom did seem a bit bothersome.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:57:42 am by Ai »
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline crossedeyefreak

• View Profile

Re: I'm making an online pixel editor and I would like your feedback

Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 04:30:23 pm
This. It's excellent.