AuthorTopic: [C+C] Side Scroller  (Read 7312 times)

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Re: [C+C] Side Scroller

Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:57:41 pm
as Frawg stated, motion will increase the clarity of your graphics. You can tweak a still forever but the best way to figure out if it works or not is to throw it in a game engine. I've found the same to be true with animation. If I keep pumping frames into an animation just for fun without testing its value in game, I might be heading in the wrong direction.
For a lot of mockups it would take longer to make a test room and I understand why most people don't. But something this simple would take like 30min to an 1hr.
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline ChadHachey

• Send more paramedics
    • View Profile
    • PixelJoint

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 06:47:49 pm

I'm pretty happy with the background now and that's the reason why I started this. When I get less lazy I'll boot up Game Maker and apply all of the other critiques.

Offline blumunkee

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 07:03:20 pm
Oh yes, that's very cool. Going completely windowless may work the best. Less background noise.

As for the black vs white thing, you gotta remember animation makes a big difference. When the ships are actually moving around, its not hard at all to see them. But, some differentiation might help. Maybe all ships are black, but they put off white plumes of fire behind the engine, and they have different energy colors, etc.