AuthorTopic: -NUDITY WARNING- Formerly Green Woman WIP  (Read 7544 times)

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

-NUDITY WARNING- Formerly Green Woman WIP

on: April 06, 2006, 01:01:12 am
Hey guys, got a new piece I've been working on for a couple of days, and I thought I'd post it for crits before I go any further. I think, at this point, anatomy is what needs the most work, the legs/lower body particularly, but I'd like to hear some outside opinions.

Older Versions:
http://h1.ripway.com/tremulant/WIP/flygirlWIP.png

Current:

New one's pretty much a complete overhaul of the palette. Hopefully some anatomy stuff was righted ,too.
Note that it's meant to give a VERY rough idea of the direction I plan on taking this. I made this edit really quickly, and I'm noticing some sloppiness that wasn't there before (some of the more 'finished' parts got a bit screwed up). I don't know how much I like this new palette either, but it could just be the crappy background that's throwing me.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 04:24:28 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Zach

• Bear
    • View Profile

Re: -NUDITY WARNING- Green Woman WIP

Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 01:52:18 am
legs are too close together i think i'm gonna make this an edit
EAT PUNAJI  BECAUSE IT'S GOOD AND TASTY

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:05:59 am
Love those bold lines. You don't see that in pixel art very often.  :D
The shoulder blade should be level with the shoulders, and the throat should end a little above that.
I assume you'll finish all the AA later?
It's a nice piece. Makes me want to do a color edit. ::)

Offline Ari

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 03:18:37 am
Yeah, the old lines are killer. I'm guessing the leg lines aren't finished yet? The upper thighs and hips might be a little messed up ut its looking sweet man.
I see
Said the blind man
To his deff dog
In the corner of the round room.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 04:05:14 am
The legs are very problematic. I'll edit when I have the time (tomorrow).

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 04:28:50 am
I think the main problem is with the joints, such as elbows, knees, wrists, ankles, hips.. Try studying those areas a bit more.
It's looking good..

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #6 on: April 06, 2006, 02:12:10 pm
Her arms are waaaaaaaay to skinny. Kind of scary. =(
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #7 on: April 06, 2006, 03:37:19 pm
Seems to me like her hips and thighs are too large and misshapen. Too much fat and loose skin it seems. ^_^ Everything else looks great so far though, apart from maybe her lower left arm is very thin.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 03:39:48 pm by Larwick »

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 04:08:53 pm
Her right (our left, under the arm) breast looks a little odd, it looks concave, it should probably be similar to the other one until the arm is there, and then maybe just 2 or 3 pixels of dark to indicate that it's being pressed inwards.

Edit: Forgot to mention I really like it! Colors are nice and the face really grabs my attention, nice expression. What's she holding?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:10:42 pm by Pawige »

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Re: -NUDITY WARNING- Formerly Green Woman WIP

Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 04:12:48 pm
Bumped for update. Since it's a pretty big image, I'm just going to be putting the newest one in the first post, and post links to the older versions.

Edit: Forgot to thank everyone for the crits! :P Thanks guys. These are exactly the kindof pointers I'm looking for at this stage.
Oh, and it'll eventually be a sword if i decide to keep it , Pawige. It's all looking a bit clichéd atm though, so I might scrap some parts. :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 04:18:43 pm by Tremulant »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #10 on: April 07, 2006, 06:09:14 pm

I hope this helps. Sorry for being late, and sorry for it not being pixel art but it'd take too much time and I'm swamped ( DEDLINE ) so here it is. Always remember I am not a master of anatomy or anything, you're best off looking for reference or making your girlfriend pose for it or something. Don't have a girlfriend? Steal one!

Note that given my edit, the arms might be too short because the joint of the arm is on the same height as the navel as the trusty michelangelo man graph will report.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 06:11:48 pm by Helm »

Offline Tremulant

• Enfant Terrible
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 07, 2006, 06:50:11 pm
Damn, that does look a lot better. Thanks Helm!
I think it might be a good idea for me to do a major reworking on this, after doing a little more anatomy study. I did the face first and liked it, so I threw it on a body, forgetting that my grasp on anatomy is.. er... questionable at best. Heh, this could end up being a good learning experience if nothing else.
Anyhoo... I'm gonna put this on hiatus for a bit, 'cause it's exam season and I feel like I should at least pretend to study..
Thanks again for all the help guys, I'll be updating this again soon as I'm free. Feel free to keep criting in the meantime, though. I'll still be checking in ;)

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #12 on: April 07, 2006, 09:07:44 pm
Hmm, helms right, the arms do seem rather short (Nice sketch helm.) Tremulant, you did a very excellent job on the face and concept; I hope you don't trash/delete this pic. It only needs some tweaking, mostly what helm did + lengthening arms (or shortening legs). Large pixel pieces such as this are hard to rush, they take an obcene amount of time to detail, tweak, and refine. Like you said, this was definately a good learning experience.

And good luck with exams =)