AuthorTopic: [WIP] Space Ship  (Read 2589 times)

Offline HC_Bret_Measor

• View Profile

[WIP] Space Ship

on: August 26, 2010, 09:55:11 pm
Hey Everyone,
Its been a little while since I've posted anything, I've been swamped with a few new games, and new art contracts keep coming in, but now I am starting to branch off from environments into characters (Eventually animation). Anyways, my newest contract is a space ship avoiding game, so I figured now is the time to tackle Dodonpachi style.
Below is my progress from Start to almost there, I've been looking at the contest area for some great inspiration and borrowed some colour schemes, eventually when I feel really comfortable with this style (with help from everyone here) I will create some more original space crafts.

Also I forgot to add that I am working in a limited space of 64x64 pixels

My first ship

My second ship after imitating some work here (to understand the style)

Third ship, some more imitation

Grey Scale (I saw some one do it like that, helped a lot to understand where my colours will go)

Ship coloured, and I mixed together parts from ship 2.

Right now, I'm missing a cockpit, and I think my wings are a little underwhelming, also I have no guns... but I do love my thruster.

All C&C is welcomed, Thanks for your time as always

~Bret Measor

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Space Ship

Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 11:26:41 pm
So far, so good. I did the same thing you did when studying the DoDonPachi sprite style. You've got it down pretty well, it just needs a few more little details and fiddly bits.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline HC_Bret_Measor

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Space Ship

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:39:34 pm
So far, so good. I did the same thing you did when studying the DoDonPachi sprite style. You've got it down pretty well, it just needs a few more little details and fiddly bits.

Hey Thanks Olothontor,
I saw your posts but none of your images are up still. Would have been nice to see your process, along with everyone's great work.
What I am considering doing tomorrow is doing one thruster, and focusing more on the wings and cockpit details. Should have a new update tomorrow for everyone to see.