AuthorTopic: [WIP]Side Scroller Futuristic Tag(Need help!)  (Read 2269 times)

Offline DreamerVerX

• View Profile

[WIP]Side Scroller Futuristic Tag(Need help!)

on: August 26, 2010, 10:40:43 am

What I really wanted to do is to make the "DDX" shiny using just pixel art. But now, I am trying to make it look like something that came from a SpaceShooter.

There are a lot of things I don't know how to make!

The letters are supposed to be a conglomerate of Metallic materials; behind that android's head(Cliche? I know :P), there should be a complex system of wires and metallic pipes protruding, but I don't know how to make those things  :'( . As for the thing on the lower right side - that thing is suppose to be a lump of organic mass and some plastic-like pipes attached to it, but I don't know the right colour combination(and dithering/shading techniques) to make it look right.

Auxiliary Info: I used a picture of a Women's temple  to draw out the Android's head. 
===
(Small stuff, really!)

I don't know how to make a face for this GasMask(Colour and other stuff as well.). Is it too small?
If I am able to finish it, I will be using it as an avatar!
===========

Critiques, comments and everything else(relevant, though) is, of course, welcomed and appreciated. 

"Aid me, and I will make you proud"
~DVX

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP]Side Scroller Futuristic Tag(Need help!)

Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:23:23 am
I think you need to re-evaluate what you're trying to do. Right now it is a bunch of separate pieces that don't add up to much. Some of the individual ideas seem like they might be interesting, but as it stands this piece has zero traction. Take a step back and look at this piece as a whole, it makes no sense. I see some letters, a flying head, and then a few other doodads that I can't decipher.

Refine your idea and try again.

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Re: [WIP]Side Scroller Futuristic Tag(Need help!)

Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:47:39 am
Your asking a ton of things that all probably shouldn't be learned in one project, but broken down into smaller tutorials that you do. Or you can just learn the pixel styles that you need from practicing the styles of professional games/sprites. For metallic things i would recommend the metal slug series, you really can't go wrong with them. But learning takes time. But it's also very worth it :D! In the end you can have a banner to be proud of  :y:
Row Row Fight The Powah!