AuthorTopic: Bandolero!  (Read 2855 times)

Offline theorb77

• View Profile

Bandolero!

on: August 23, 2010, 09:13:59 pm
As a follow up to my cowboy image, here's his opponent.  My wife tells me this image could be considered offensive, but I don't think it's any more offensive than Speedy Gonzalez.  You don't see him on the air anymore, though...

As a point of note, I used jalonso's palette for his Medici mockup over at Pixeljoint, as the colors are "awesome-able".

I didn't do this one to learn anything, just to goof around a bit.

Offline pistachio

• Mostly lurking
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/125138.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Bandolero!

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:56 pm
The sprite's looking good but there are some serious issues with banding, and his arms do look somewhat strange as if they were just pasted on, so here's a quick edit to fix that. I also traded in most of the banding with anti-aliasing ( and put his left arm in a different position, not sure if that was the direction you were looking for.

The shadow still looks a bit wrong, though. I'm pretty tired right now.

Offline theorb77

• View Profile

Re: Bandolero!

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 08:05:03 pm
Ok, I tried responding to some of your crits.  When I was initially drawing the arm, I was thinking of Moe, from Calvin and Hobbes:

It probably didn't translate.  Any-hoo, here's something vaguely like what you said, along with my take on a couple of your other edits:

The problem I have with crits is once you do something really cool, I just look like I'm copying you. :)