AuthorTopic: Out in the cold-- Game Screenshot  (Read 2752 times)

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Out in the cold-- Game Screenshot

on: August 20, 2010, 09:09:36 pm

Well, i have been working on this game for a little while, and i want a little bit of critiquing to see what i can do better

(here's a little note: the coins are a rotating animation, the background city is 2 separate layers that move independently to create a 3-d in 2-d effect, and the billboards are little tutorial notes)

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Re: Out in the cold-- Game Screenshot

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:27:41 pm
not sure if it's the angle but i cant really tell whats going on with the kids torso. I think he is holding a game controller? reminds me of frostman's level from megaman 8  :y:
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline FRAWG

• Ribbit Ribbit
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 09:47:22 pm
He is holding a ridiculous looking flamethrower (used to melt things)

I see what you mean now, the angle of the gun should point more frontward, rather than completely sideways, judging by the hands?

Offline buddy90

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:23:52 pm
This has potential. The sprite itself is mostly fine, the only confusing part is where his arms and hands are supposed to be. You can fix this by coloring them as you did with skin.

The background looks good, but the background is too similar to the foreground in terms of color. Pumping up the saturation in the foreground and decreasing it in the background might help differentiate the two. After all, you don't want people confusing what's part of the level and what's just scenery. The crate's shading is too flat, and the Life bar on the left is way too big. Also, the signs are way too white. Even if the wallpaper on the sign is supposed to be white, it's still exposed to the elements. Maybe putting some snow over it would help make it seem like it belongs better.

Lotta little things can help make this good. Like I said, this has potential.

Offline RetroBit

• Game Maker is one of the best tools
    • View Profile
    • www.yoyogames.com

Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 07:01:17 pm
I agree with buddy90
Just what good ends rather Begins.
And what starts bad ends up paying the bill when out with your girlfriend to a restaurant and then you leave here.
Equals: 9 Men like your project, very cool in many ways ... still how are you: D
Not having description is a description (?)