AuthorTopic: Ronin WIP  (Read 2393 times)

Offline bonehead11

• View Profile

Ronin WIP

on: August 20, 2010, 07:16:09 pm
There was an challenge on pixeljoint, its over, well the voting is in...I would like to improve it, I almost havent finished the challenge entry so I made it a bit sucky, well it still is sucky and I would like to improve it but I am out of ideas. Oh and you may use only the colours wich are in. Oh and critique is welcomed.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:29:38 pm by bonehead11 »

Offline buddy90

• View Profile

Re: Ronin WIP

Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:33 pm
Well, it seems in my opinion the biggest problem is the design itself. It seems to be the focus is the guys with his two chicks, but most of the painting is just the wall.

It would seem that it would be a better composition if it was zoomed in on their busts, and most of the wall was cut out. Of course, at this stage, that essentially means starting over, and I can understand that it's very difficult to do.

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Re: Ronin WIP

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 05:51:58 am
It's hard to distinguish where the girl ends and the guy begins. The girls sleeve is unreadable due to all the high contrasting color. There's just too much clutter on everything, it drowns out any perspective. And what's that guys head doing down there near the floor? Or is that a head? Took me a long time to realize there was another room in back. It looked like there was a painting of someone and the light on the panel was light from the outside.

If you don't have the room to make clear detail, don't. Skillfully leaving out detail is one of the hardest most obscure things to learn in pixeling. You just have to develop a feel for where to not do something.

I like the setting though, nice atmosphere. And props for getting some interesting facial expressions at that resolution.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:56:02 am by EvilEye »