AuthorTopic: RPG Case Study  (Read 10679 times)

Offline HC_Bret_Measor

• View Profile

Re: RPG Case Study

Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 03:26:20 am
I haven't had a ton of time on my hands, but I did find the time today to figure out the death animation. Hope it's a bit less like a hollow balloon now.

EDIT: Added a fix to the knockback. I'm still unsure about this, I'll have to see what it looks like in the context of actually being hit by an attack. I'll also work on an alternate sequence for when it simply gets hit (an attack that doesn't cause knockback).

I'm not an animator (yet :D) but I really like that death animation, nice and fluid, and looks like it will stick to anything it comes in contact with.
Keep it up

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 12:00:06 pm
Hey, thanks. I appreciate the compliment.

Good luck whenever you get around to animating :y:
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 08:44:23 pm
Getting around to character design now. The sprites from Elemental Gelade have helped greatly here.

I took a refined outline of one of the previous case study bodies and the outline of one of my own custom heads and began a test to figure out chibi anatomy.

I filled him in, failing to realize that the whole 'pectoral cross' thing doesn't work well at small scale.

I fixed this and slimmed his sides down, realizing that the old outline was based on clothing, which made him look fat xD.

And an overall test image for various things. Tweaking the styles I found and messing around with weaponry. Nothing final yet.

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa