AuthorTopic: CHARAMAKER PRO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  (Read 6057 times)

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

CHARAMAKER PRO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

on: August 13, 2010, 10:39:45 pm
Hahaha yeah, finally translated into English and free for download here:

http://rpgcrisis.net/forums/files/file/46-character-maker-pro/

For those of you who don't know, charamaker PRO (not like the spanish named translation of charamaker1999, but the REAL program which is the next version of that) is been out for a while, but it was in japanese. So someone finally translated it. I used the program, it is just as good as charamaker1999 but it has many more new features, including layers and an advanced animator... the only problem is that you'll have to study the manuals to learn how to use the program propertly. I was clicking around, and I could get around giving the fact that I am a veteran with CM1999, but still, there is a lot to learn even for me.

I deffinitely recommend that you download this program, and see if it works fine for you. I'm really excited about this (you can tell by the title subject haha), I have seen some japanese artists use it before and since back then I hoped that someone would translate it... and so it is there.

Offline Sleepless

• View Profile

Re: CHARAMAKER PRO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 09:28:20 pm
Wow I'm glad this is out! It looks pretty promising, and I like the collecvtion of palettes! Can you list some of the features. Such as, does it still support tiling, because I think this was made mostly for RPG's so and all around pixel art application, that makes tiling, sprites, and sprites sheets. If there was layer tiling you could make a good sprite sheet.
You know what would make life easier? Real-life CTRL+Z

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 11:57:24 pm
Wow I'm glad this is out! It looks pretty promising, and I like the collecvtion of palettes! Can you list some of the features. Such as, does it still support tiling, because I think this was made mostly for RPG's so and all around pixel art application, that makes tiling, sprites, and sprites sheets. If there was layer tiling you could make a good sprite sheet.

woah, what do you mean collection of palettes? I didn't saw that one yet haha... can you point me out where they are? I was browsing through the files but didn't find any yet. I'll appreciate it. And well I can't say much about the features yet, since I only used it once for like 10 minutes... I will go back to it when I get some free time this week. Hopefully when I make one of my next Pixel art videos, I will use that program to record the action, so everyone can see how it works like in action.

The tileset, here's the thing... it is easy to test tilesets (how they tile and such) in charamaker1999 cause on the right side of the screen you can click once and it pastes the area that is displayed on the editor of the left side (for example you work in an area of 32x32 inside a 300x600 image). What you do on Charamaker1999 is that you set the character size to 32x32, which means each click on the image on the right side will be a 1 shot of 32x32... which allows you to click the same thing over and over, and just go back and undo it. That's how I test my tilesets. There is a help guide on the Charamaker Pro, which I'm yet to read... since things are sorta different than Charamaker1999. I recommend that you download this program and check it out.

Offline Sleepless

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 12:16:01 am
Oh, I already got it! It's great. I'm gonna read the manual  :P  I meant this: So use this AND 1999 for tiling?
You know what would make life easier? Real-life CTRL+Z

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 04:43:58 am
Ohhh the default palette. :) I got a collection of palettes (various files to be imported of each almost 256 full colors), let me know if you want the link.

Anyways, here's a quicky guide of Charamaker1999, the program that is easy to figure out how the tiles look like "tiled".

Download Charamaker1999 off my Mediafire account:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwignjttgzj
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:46:22 am by Antifarea »