AuthorTopic: Steam-powered combat robotcrab  (Read 7287 times)

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Re: Steam-powered combat robotcrab

Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 05:37:39 am
 ;D So you've actually got me kinda interested in this game.  Whats it about? and what type of game is it?
Row Row Fight The Powah!

Offline Arghus

• Murr, the digger.
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 04:41:44 pm
;D So you've actually got me kinda interested in this game.  Whats it about? and what type of game is it?
Thanks again for the comments, people. Still working on the crab along with other things.

Demon,
The game 'Gerst' is going to be kind of a choice based RPG, if you will. You can progress in the game in an array of different ways. The player's choice is the essence of the game.

A tiny example; A guard is standing infront of a door. You want in. You then have the choice to do a task for the guard, or to maybe persuade the guard in letting you in, or you can just go ahead and kill the poor guy on the spot. And you have a few different kinds of skills or traits, which grow with the kinds of choices you make.

We're currently only a two man team, and we're not the most productive lot. But slowly and steadily we are building this game up, and hopefully we will be able to post the release here on Pixelation.

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 05:08:48 pm
Well, that sounds great! I've always wanted something like Dragon Age in a steampunk setting.

I'd actually be willing to help out in any way I can, if you'll let me. I love steampunk, and I can probably help with spriting and/or story aspects of the game. Not to sound vain, but I think I have a few cool ideas in my belt.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline Demon11777

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 14, 2010, 07:25:34 pm
Yea! I would also be willing to assist any way i could. May I ask what language it's being coded in?
Row Row Fight The Powah!