AuthorTopic: Mine own fighter.  (Read 3533 times)

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Mine own fighter.

on: April 03, 2006, 05:16:25 am

Still a WIP, at 13 colors I could still add another shade and more color. though I'm not too sure what I want to add =o. some tips on the muscles and the feet would be nice.  I'm not too happy with how they turned out. also comments about his right arm would be appreciated.

Offline baccaman21

• It's critique, don't take it personally.
    • View Profile
    • Linked In

Re: Mine own fighter.

Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:01:47 am
ditch the dither dood... and you're right you should at a few shades... ;)

If you're clever about it your can merge the brown of the skin with the darker red tones.

The right arm isn't correct - it's like the hand is on backwards... try rotating the hand by 180 and drop it down a bit, open up the negative space between the upper leg and forearm (keep in mind the silohette of the image [ig you skwint at it you'll see he looks like his righ arms's cut off at the elbow]) 

The Right foot is also leaning forwards towards the viewer, like he's resting on his instep... you should try pusing it down to the floor, so It's more in profile.

His belt doesn't seem to be wotrking too well... it looks like his trousers are falling off at the back...

Buy the book - The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams

www.burnzombieburn.com

yosh64

Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 10:21:32 am
hey

Nice fighter, but to me it seems like the perspective of his body is just slightly different from everything else? well that's judging by the direction of the hilight of his colar bone, and his belt. I also think his right foot (the left on screen), seems odd with it looking like it's rolling on it's side? rather than planted on the floor. Well actually, the perspective of his right foot, seems to go along with his body... but everything else does not?

Hopefully all this makes some sense? or maybe I'm crazy? anyhows sorry for all the quik edits to my posts, hehe.

cya
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 10:37:49 am by yosh64 »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 10:56:07 am
ah. Didn't notice that about the belt ^^; and yes, I love dithering =] somuch I wasn't sure how to make this look without dithering; but I added a few more shades, leading to an even 16. I fixed up the foot abit, not quite sure if thats what you meant or not. his right fist, is supposed to be palm-facing-him ish, So I don't think that's backwards, at least it isn't when I hold my hand like that =p Either way, I'm not too sure exactly how to fix that at the moment. could be lack of sleep, could be lack of braincells. Also, decided to give his eyes some color.

yosh64

Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 12:11:14 pm
hey

I done a real quik edit to try and show ya what I meant, hopefully it's alright? I do think I went to far about the perspectives and such before. :-\

Anyhows I like this fighter very much so! :)

cya
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 12:23:20 pm by yosh64 »

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 12:23:51 pm
ah. I see what you meant about the foot. and no, I don't mind at all if it helps me get better ^_^.

I was actually planning on re-doing that foot to go along better with the rest of the body in the first place ^_^ at a different angle; though. think 45º