AuthorTopic: NES artists?  (Read 2511 times)

Offline sorex

• View Profile

NES artists?

on: July 29, 2010, 07:49:34 pm
Hello,

I pushed myself into NES coding lately (although my roots are C64) and wondered if there are any people here who have experience in pixeling for that machine and its rather strange limitations.

People with mini game ideas are also welcome.

Not sure if this forum has private messaging allowed but you can catch me on #nesdev aswell for a chat on NES related projects.

Offline Kasumi

• View Profile

Re: NES artists?

Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:00:47 pm
Hey, I'm not quite sure what's you're asking for in your first sentence. Are you looking for a pixel artist to make graphics for a NES game you are working on for pay/no pay or are you just looking for an explanation of NES graphical limitations?

This forum does have private messaging btw.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 10:04:19 pm by Kasumi »
I make actual NES games. Thus, I'm the unofficial forum dealer of too much information about the NES

Offline sorex

• View Profile

Re: NES artists?

Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:40:28 pm
I'm more a coder although I know most of the gfx mode by now and wrote some pixel tools for it
I'm simply lacking the skills to pixel something from scratch, reworking pictures/logo's is fine but I'll leave
the rest to some real skilled person.

So I'm looking for someone who can pixel some graphics when I need some
and as the NES is non-profit for years it's all about goodwill and honours I'm affraid.

But that doesn't spill the challenge to code/pixel for it.

I checked some threads and spotted some pretty gfx, it would be a shame if it only stayed with a preview picture.