AuthorTopic: Am I the only one..?  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Greyve

• View Profile

Am I the only one..?

on: July 30, 2010, 08:16:02 pm
Hi, new here, but umm..I've noticed quite a few Gaphics Gale posts and I got to thinking..

Am I the only person who uses MS Paint for pixel art?! o.o;

I mean, I realise Graphics Gale is a great pixeling program, but it felt too complicated and cluttered for me. Which is why I use MS Paint; it's got an easy-to-understand interface and it's not too shabby in other areas. Sure, it doesn't have useful tools such as layer support, but I don't think it's so bad~

I know this post is weird, but I hear a lot of about Graphics Gale, but rarely anything about MS Paint users. So, I was just curious if anyone else still uses it :P.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Re: Am I the only one..?

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31:53 pm
I'm pretty sure there are a few other crazies around here who still use MS Paint. The main problem I have with Paint is just that it is so bloody slow to do anything with. No hot-keys, poor palette tools, no animation support. Graphics Gale is not a complex program. If you give it a week and just force yourself to use it, you'll never go back to Paint. Gale is cheap too, only like $20 for the registered version. It's totally worth it.

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 08:34:41 pm
Also there are about 1000 threads with similar discussions already.
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 08:54:50 am
A lot of pixellers use MSPaint actually. You're not too alone! But I wish you were <3

Cause if you ever want to make animatey stuff, you should go with GG or ProMotion.

If you think that Graphics Gale has a cluttered interface, you'll be having big trouble with every image editing software out there. Except for MSPaint, I guess. But I think you'd grasp graphics gale quite swiftly if you ever felt you needed to use it. Just like MSPaint, it's more or less just about jotting down dots on a grid anyway, so that part is fairly easy to get down! :D
' _ '