AuthorTopic: Link  (Read 9946 times)

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Link

Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 01:32:48 am
I didn't think the original pose was off that much....I looked at it as he was ready to strike with the blade.  Which would be correct with the extended leg to create a balance when the blade was swung forward. 

Manjaman's edit looks correct too if the blade has already started it's motion.

I agree with WM about the light source.  Maybe just the lightest color on the pants should be used just as highlights on the knees?

Offline buddy90

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 07:52:49 am
The main problem is that the legs are waaaay too far apart. It's like he's trying to squat and spread his legs at the same time. It's a very uncomfortable position.

Keep in mind when you have a dynamic pose, how your character should move. Practicing the pose yourself and seeing it in the mirror can help get you an idea.

For this though, I would focus on making his back straight, standing upright, with his legs closer.

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 05:13:30 pm
Okay, updating and this time link has a foe!

Do you think I should fill in the legs of the soldier or leave them black? Thanks for the help so far.

Offline Medevenx

• View Profile
    • Burke-Works

Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 05:51:27 am
He has an incredibly tiny left arm.

Offline adcrusher524

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 04:58:25 pm
Wait who has a tiny arm link or the soldier? And do you mean tiny as in short or skinny? Update on the background:

I'll  have to define the brick on the side more, but I just wanted to see what you guys thought on the color and composition or whatever you think should be improved. 

Offline Koi Kami Mauro

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 05:00:25 pm
I'll de-lurk for once to say I think this would work ouch much better in a horizontal composition, like a cinema shot.

Offline Singularity

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 07:27:43 pm
You might consider boosting the contrast on link a little.
His hat is placed directly over where a bush should be and it uses the same colors. I think a stronger single light source with darker shadows could pull him into the foreground.  ;D

Offline Sleepless

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 13, 2010, 06:27:18 pm
I don't think adding another color on the pants, as a shadow would hurt. Other than this it is great, and you have made alot of progress
You know what would make life easier? Real-life CTRL+Z

Offline Organ_House

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 05:52:31 am
An aside about the background, unfortunately the characters are not in perspective with it. For the background, we're looking down on it from a much higher angle than the characters.

Offline bengo

• https://pixeljoint.com/p/5787.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 15, 2010, 06:03:02 am
I think you should pick up a book on perspective, a good one I own is Perspective! For Comic Book Artists by David Chelsea. You should also think your light source(s) more. I think your problems are fundamental though, so you should pick up some fundamental books too and study some more from life, mainly still life. You're young, get the tedious stuff out (though to be honest, I enjoy studying, but it can be a bit over-whelming at times) of the way so you can be creative and know what you're doing!