AuthorTopic: Etherlords fanart  (Read 5124 times)

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Etherlords fanart

on: April 02, 2006, 11:19:27 am
Supposed to be a game. But turned into fanart to my favourite game :) Anyway, I'm glad I can show it up.

Lot's of mistakes - I know. I had 1 day for every character. Not enough for me.

Kinets

Vitals

Chaots

Sintets

Based on the characters from Etherlords II PC game.

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: Etherlords fanart

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 11:25:42 am
I love them.  Like the sintets the most.
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 01:32:03 pm
Woow is a great work Gas!!! i like the colors and the animations are very good  :o

is for a mobile game?  ::)

All the works a good quality, but the dragon i don,t like very much, seems to much pillow-shading i think.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 03:43:58 pm

I like the follow through(I think that's what it's called) on this one. I find it the most interesting to watch, and makes pretty good use of the limited frames you had to work with. There's a lot of things that could be cleaned up in these, but it's very understandable considering that you were doing these in a single day. For a day's work these are quite good. The animations are all pretty clear and convey very well what you wanted them to(although, the block/evade animation of the red serpent/man could be misinterpreted)

Love this rat one, too.

Offline Lyuf

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:59:20 am
cool Gas, mak gep>|<amb!

Offline raynoa

• View Profile
    • raynoa at deviantart

Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:58:27 am
Great job, too bad that this work turned to fanart, but anyway this is great pixel sprites.I like most of all the first sprite from "Sintets". I didn't played this game on pc, but I'm sure I will do it  ;)

Offline Gas 13

• Osmi the Octopus
    • View Profile
    • Pixelart and Photoshop tutorials

Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 02:37:06 pm
Matriax, yep. Supposed to be a game, not sure if it will be ever released. I see what you mean regarding the dragon. What do you think may help here? Some kind of texture?

crab2selout.png, the rat took more time because it's what player get in the begining. I needed to bring more life into it :) glad you liked the hornet. It was one of the earliest and actually took more time than I had too :) Well, actuallu only worms were easy enough to do.

raynoa, seems like they will produce the game later but probably without me :) The game is "must have" :)

Offline Dhaos

• View Profile
    • Crystal Tech Studios

Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 03:30:16 pm
Dang, you did quite a bit of work here. Very impressive, especially considering the time limit. I agree with matriax's comments on the dragon, about the pillow shading. Try 'pushing' your highlight tones afew pixels higher and use fewer tones inbetween the highlight and shadow. Right now your brightest tones are in the center of each piece of the dragon, instead of near the top or a corner.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:38:33 pm
Yes, i think need a little of texture or detail and add another tone of colour(the skin blue, and the other is grey) Try put a dark purple etc..