AuthorTopic: Wolf  (Read 3350 times)

Offline Sinistral Erim

• View Profile

Wolf

on: July 19, 2010, 09:01:07 pm

Well so I am making a game about wolves and I want this to be neat, real, textured, and wolf-like. The front view looks bad and I dont know why.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 01:57:56 am by Sinistral Erim »

Offline mrblu

• View Profile

Re: Wolf

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:48:21 pm
Well, your West and South-West faces look really good, but the angle changes on the South face.  His back legs look a little close to his front, He kind of looks as if he is sitting and howling at the moon--As his head looks a little raised :D
But else than that, rock on man :D

Offline theorb77

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 11:05:01 pm
Actually, the angle changes on SW to a slight 3/4 view.  They're all at slightly different angles, as can be seen by the relation of front to back feet; West-facing is zero difference, SW is six or seven, south is one or two pixel difference.

I think the eyes are eerie when they're just white, and the ears seem short on south-facing.

But not to be totally negative, the wolf has a very nice fur effect and feels anatomically accurate, with the exception of the ears in the south-facing shot.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:06:49 pm by theorb77 »

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 12:43:22 pm
To better explain what mrblu was trying to get at the head seems raised up in the front view compared to the W and SW views which make the head look angled slightly towards the ground.

The black legs need to be raised about 6 or so pixels.Also you shouldn't really see much of the back legs behind the neck fur which is also losing it's puffyness in the front view. (not as large in diameter in other words)

The NE one has some major issues with lines cutting off the flow of the fur and it makes it look like the wolf has been chopped into squares. The tail in this view also looks a bit chopped off.

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 12:50:16 am
An even easier to understand image

This should help you be able to make them more accurate to fix :)
And I like how it looks currently except from the northeast as others has pointed out has some blockiness.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:57:31 am by VDX »