AuthorTopic: First Attempt of C64  (Read 3168 times)

Offline Dan

• "Haha The Man"
    • View Profile

First Attempt of C64

on: April 01, 2006, 11:38:42 pm
Hi, i saw the other C64 threads and i have always wanted to try it... So i did. Cheers for the for "Timanthes" what you think? The first one i did.

Cheers
That's the way the cookie crumbles. - Do the bug bob.     - Woot!

Offline God Slayer

• No one expects the Spanish Inquisition. No one.
    • View Profile

Re: First Attempt of C64

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 12:23:33 am
I'm not the greatest for CC, but here are some things that, if remedied, may improve the piece.

His hair looks a bit more like a tightfitting helmet than a 'doo, so why don't you break up the monotony there and add locks, and try not to use a generic pillowshade effect there. Infact, I see an overall pillowshaded effect, partly because it's mirrored. Very few are the times that a mirror-job is going to work, try to go through the entire piece pixel by pixel, eh? Also, you should extend the mouth a couple of pixels on either side. Add eyes...

...and, err, I'll leave the rest to someone else, I'm not feeling it tonight. ;)

Offline vierbit

• 0.09 posts per day
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 12:52:02 pm
Not bad for the first one.

I agree with some comments from Kal slayer.
But if you do c64 stuff you must use double width pixels for
the whole image.
The problem is good to see on the ears.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 01:30:38 pm
doublewidth pixels. Go to layer properties, set them to indexed, then hires multicolour, get rid of errors. Now it's c64 work.

Don't do sprites and small stuff for c64. To get the feel of the machine, do fullscreen 320x200 images. I know it's more work, but that's what forces you to use the palette in inventive ways and stuff. This goes out to anyone who is now playing with Timanthes. Me and ptoing didn't learn c64 art by doing 64x64 pieces.