AuthorTopic: Little Fighter Sprite  (Read 13412 times)

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Re: Little Fighter Sprite

Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 04:19:44 am
I prefer using Easy Gif Animator Trial Edition.
And how to easily animate is to make a Big enough PNG filesize, usually around 64x64, with transparency background, and then have your sheet beside that in your own Paint Program(I prefer PSP), and then copy and paste each and every sprite of the sheet one by one, then after each time I pasted it correctly, save the file in the 64x64, then alt tab to EGA, insert image, and then use the newly resaved PNG file, then alt tab back and paste next sprite and repeat that.

makes animating sprite sheet alot quicker and easier to make it look correct.

Part 2.

I got to say I'm impressed how fluently you made these animation in such a small resolution.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:51:10 am by VDX »

Offline fyewit

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: July 28, 2010, 07:06:03 am
awesome.  Thanks alot.  Its cool to see them animated.  Ill have to down load that program and try it out.
I use photoshop and the editor that comes from a game making program called multimediafusion2.  which has a really good animation and picture editor.  but doesnt let u export all the frames into one single .gif, only the individual frames as bitmaps or watever.

I've done a few more enemies and stuff but they are all basically just the same guy with minor details changed.  I based all the animations on a dummy that i made just with solid colors for all the limbs.

The sprites i want to use for an action beat em up type side scroller but set in medievil type times.  I havent done much further cos im waiting for the programmer to get me a rudimentary engine done up so before I continue anymore.  but i plan to make the player carry various weapons as well and have enemies that are armed with weapons.

here is the "mannequin" that i used.  and a cupla more baddies.

not sure if im too happy with the armoued guy.

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 07:40:51 am
so time Travel you say?
Interesting to see the old main guy beating up knights with bare fists and weapon. ;)

And Mannequin is one of the best ideas, especially different colour limbs help out alot.

Offline fyewit

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:23 am
nah,.. not time travel.  just the setting is a fantasy medievel one.

and the main char is supposed to be a young guy...... maybe i should change his hair colour or something.

anyways,.....  i had done some sketches of the end of game boss.  and i really wanted to go with a super evil looking guy.
He is still a work in progress.  but any crits or comments are welcome.  also i wanted to make him look more epic.  I was thinking of making him even taller.  But not bulky.

I wanna kinda make him look like the bad king guy Xerxes from the movie 300.

Chur very much.

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:04 pm
Oh thought the clothes looked rather modern on your 2 main spritesheets.

If you want him to look young, make a portrait of him to make it more obvious.

And somehow he looks more of a death skull spartan, which isn't that bad. :) He looks solid enough. Maybe make his legs longer though to keep the proportions better.

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 10:00:12 pm
I think the motion lines help add impact, but you might want to hue shift them a little towards blue so they look less jarring. Also, the one on the kick really bugs me, I think it should actually follow the shape of the foot a bit (possibly even obscuring it a little) rather then just sort of outlining it and trailing the outline, because that looks prettyyy strange.

Offline fyewit

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 03:07:01 am
chur fellas.

I put your advise on my animations about hue shift and action lines.

i made all animations without action lines to see which is better-  action lines or no action lines?

I also added an extra transition frame on the front punch too. just to see wat its like.

urrrghh...  the uppercut looks horrendous...

Im actually considering remaking all of these attacks maybe....  im just not satisfied with them.  except the kick.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:10:21 am by fyewit »

Offline VDX

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 03:47:39 am
I kinda like the action lines imo, not sure on what others says about it.
And yes, the left punch looks a bit..."stale"? Try to make it the harder hitting punch?
Also, I like the right hand punch, really packs a punch and looks way better with the transition. :)
As for the upper cut, try and make it more infront of him, as the uppercut really looks to be quite too short to be of any use. try to make it hit alittle longer infront?

Offline fyewit

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 09:26:34 am
cooly cool yo.

im sick of those attack animations for the time being and have made a dying/getting knocked down animation for my main fella.

by the way people feel free to do edits on these if yas feel a need, cos i wud love to get ideas of how to do stuff or what they mean more clearly and twud be cool
to see how people do stuff too.

chur bro.

Offline fyewit

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 12:13:49 pm
animation of getting up too.

also lengthened that bad guys legs.  might modify him some more.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:25:50 pm by fyewit »