AuthorTopic: Spaceship for explorative rpg  (Read 3475 times)

Offline inarma

• View Profile

Spaceship for explorative rpg

on: July 13, 2010, 09:56:37 pm
Ummm, so basically I am making a spaceship, and I kinda posted it as a WIP, on the GMC and didn't really get much feedback besides, "it's great, I don't see why you need help". So I came here, to see if you guys can help me out to make this ship a ton better. I made a strip of the ships to show you my spriting process to, if you can give me suggestions on how to go about spriting something like this also.

Offline Demon Lizardman

• View Profile

Re: Spaceship for explorative rpg

Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:47:25 pm
I think it looks pretty neat. the lighting looks a bit weird. But likes fine otherwise.

Offline Kidfrommars

• My location? It's kinda obvious..
    • View Profile
    • RPG Land

Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 06:12:09 pm
I think you pillow shaded with an inconsistent light source. On the right wing light comes from the right, and left it comes from the left. The light also comes from above on the blue cockpit(?) piece. Other then that it's pretty.nice.

Offline inarma

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:46:38 pm
haha, thanks. Ummm, Okay, I'll try to see what I can do about the lightsource, but the only thing I can really do about it is have an overhead lightsource, because the image has to rotate for the game I am making it for.

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 07:13:16 pm
I personally think the lightsource is fine - a little forward and from above. t's just needs to be define a little better, and some of the highlights need to be made smaller.

What I think this ship needs is a nice dark shade tucked in to those corners to really make those shapes pop.

Also, watch out for banding, which is happening on those two curved strips of grey that are closest to the center.

Offline inarma

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 07:38:13 am
Hmmm, okay....I'll see what I can do WM, I've been a bit busy so I haven't gotten to do any editing. Ummm I don't exactly know what banding is. >_< Sorry for being a noob at this. Could you explain it to me?