AuthorTopic: Fighter  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Re: Fighter

Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 08:53:18 pm
Here's a quick edit to show what I meant about the hand and hood:

I also twiddled with the forehead, hood, other hand and the pocket a bit.

That new leg fits quite well, I'd try pulling the hips together a bit though, see if it improves anything.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 04:27:05 am by Pawige »

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 09:22:23 pm
I so wish the palletes on his skin and hoodie were as interesting as his jeans; I think thats why that part is standing out/being praised so much. You need some less subtle hue shifts for the rest of the body.

Also, it looks like he has manboobs. :)

Nice job.
@darionmccoy

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 03:57:41 am
Ah, thanks pawgie.
The hands were a leftover from the skeleton design, and I thought it'd be pretty cool for him to keep the skelehands. I dunno if I succeeded or if I should just make 'em like normal hands.

Pointed out a few things I [intend/need] to fix

Darion: Thanks much. I tried fixin' up teh pallette on teh shirt(s).

Nix: Ah, I see what you meant now. I wanted to give him a more ready to move stance befitting of the skates, which would be different from the ready stance of normal shoes, which seems to be what you were going for. Thanks anyway for the clarification.

Offline dtek

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 04:12:21 pm
WOW looking great, I haven't seen your work in a minute and it blew my mind! One thing I could crit would be his fist energy glow... it looked to me like brass knuckles at first, but one seemed to be around his wrist, also for my own work, I like to make sure the whole pose is working, rather than adding elements like a leg after....

Offline Miguel

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 03:14:36 am
Nix: Ah, I see what you meant now. I wanted to give him a more ready to move stance befitting of the skates, which would be different from the ready stance of normal shoes, which seems to be what you were going for. Thanks anyway for the clarification.

Nix edit really gives balance to your fighter, if not, you really need to change the position of his right leg, because it looks really out of place, the color palette is really good but perhaps the folds are overdone on the jeans, perhaps you can reduce them and make him look even cooler :)

You have improved a lot, man.  ;)

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 01:50:16 am
WOW looking great, I haven't seen your work in a minute and it blew my mind! One thing I could crit would be his fist energy glow... it looked to me like brass knuckles at first, but one seemed to be around his wrist, also for my own work, I like to make sure the whole pose is working, rather than adding elements like a leg after....
Thanks alot, man. I decided to drop the skeleton/glowy hand thing in favor of a spraycan. I'm not sure I'm all that pleased with it, though...

Nix edit really gives balance to your fighter, if not, you really need to change the position of his right leg, because it looks really out of place, the color palette is really good but perhaps the folds are overdone on the jeans, perhaps you can reduce them and make him look even cooler :)

You have improved a lot, man.  ;)
Alright, I see it now...Man, it's real nice to have other people's eyes to look at stuff. Thanks. I tried a little balance...I think I need to work on the bottom of the pant leg, just above the [cuff?] a bit more...
Thanks alot for all the help. I love seeing progress, especially when it's in my own works.

C&C please.

Edit: dang! I just noticed he's missing a knee. It's...bendy. We can't have that, now can we?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:52:10 am by Xion Night »

Offline Crazy Asian Gamer

• Guess who follows trends?
    • View Profile
    • CAG's NONEXISTANT Page... of DOOM

Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 02:22:22 am
Thigh muscle loss?  ;)
Yeah, besides the above mentioned, that... vial... thing in his left hand doesn't seem to belong, and if you're gonna put something over his mouth, I'd personally go with a color you've already used (you know, unification, color redux, etc.).

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 10:09:13 am
Hmm, i think all the spraycan needs is perhaps a darker outline, seeing as there isnt much that has such a light outline anywhere else. ^_^ I much prefer the spraycan idea to the glowing hands, although they were pretty neat in their own right.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 07:26:45 pm
Is that a bandana or a mask? If it's a bandana, i think it should cover more of his cheeks, and it could be longer. When I wear one, I end up having to tuck it into my shirt or coat and it reaches just under my collar bone.

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 08:36:40 pm
couldnt help it.

just because i find your works to all have similar colours and taste so i thought i would change that slightly, thats about all.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 09:02:46 pm by Alex »
alexander