AuthorTopic: Colouring a line-art of arachne...  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Colouring a line-art of arachne...

on: April 01, 2006, 11:54:37 am
Well is this:

Again i have problems with the shadows. (any tutorial of shadows?...)

I view the entry of blick etc... of this monster and the shadow its the same. And i will make this but with diferent shadow.

Nix:

Blick:

If you view the ilumination is form left, and i making the ilumination of right.

I have problems to detail the monster/shadow. And i will make a texture etc.. for amonster diferent of this entries but i don'nt now... żAny idea,sugestion etc..?

You can make a edit how example etc... I have a version textured with 2x2 square and is good, but i think i abusing of 2x2 squares in my last works  :P

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: Colouring a line-art of arachne...

Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 02:10:57 am
I personally think a higlihgt shade even further for that triangle at the bottom.  And show the 2x2 squares one. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 06:53:42 am
Looks like your weakness has been discovered. Large open areas that need coloring. I remember when I was coloring the lineart, I just broke it down into sections by throwing in shadows first. The folds and such created by the shadows really made it easier to figure out where to place the highlights. I'd say you should do the same. Instead of that pillowshading-esque thing you've got going, just put the palette to the side and just work with the shadows a bit until you've got different sections placed where the highlights can then be developed.

Offline Andy Tran

• View Profile
    • The City of Andy Tran

Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 07:05:50 am
 Heh, it isn't really always yellow highlights or blue shadowish shadows in pixel art. Heh, you might wanna focus on getting smaller shading areas.