AuthorTopic: Teleporter and other stuff  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Deidara

• View Profile

Teleporter and other stuff

on: July 03, 2010, 08:32:31 am
Hello everyone.

I've been a member for quite a while now but I'm still new to this. I mainly make digital art (although not very good one) and am still trying to find tutorials that can really help me on my way.

Most of this stuff is just testing how pixel art works in general:

Handheld

Random something

Card weapons

iPhone (posted this one already a long time ago)

The following piece I'd like to finish. I'll be searching for more tutorials on how to properly shade these forms and how lighting from the middle beam would illuminate the piece.
My question here is the perspective. It's a bit weird but the top piece should indicate you are looking at the teleporter from the left. Does the perspective convey this? And do the top and bottom pieces look like discs or is the perspective from those off as well?

Teleporter

Edit:
What I mean with perspective from the left.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:54:40 am by Deidara »

Offline sorex

• View Profile

Re: Teleporter and other stuff

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:31:42 pm
Sorry for the late reply but I'm new here...

I find it an interesting idea that you gave that teleporter a twisted look as if it has been looked a specific angel.

Most teleporters mis this kind of detail and most of the time it's just a bended thing at the top and bottom.

the polygon trick to give it a depth look looks good aswell.

Offline Argyle

• Futuristic beep boop.
    • argylebox
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/13899.htm
    • valsaurus
    • View Profile
    • ArgyleBox | Designs by Valouria Saurus (VERY OUTDATED)

Re: Teleporter and other stuff

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:06:22 pm
What are those rounded boxes that can be seen behind the teleporter beam? To be honest I couldn't tell that it was being viewed at an angle because it just looks like an irregularly shaped antenna.  The part that's further from us on the top thing can be colored darker to convey depth if that's what you're wanting to do. But those strange straight-on boxes in the background make it look like you're looking at it from the front.  If you need them there, maybe have those angled toward us?

The "Random Something" gems look just like what they're titled - random.  It just looks like a mess when they flash, really.