AuthorTopic: Zelda Mugshots  (Read 3166 times)

Offline SengirDev

• View Profile

Zelda Mugshots

on: June 22, 2010, 02:03:26 am
So I'm finally taking spriting serious and legitimately trying to learn how to better my pixeling abilities. I've also begun learning how to properly draw, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at it so my anatomy/shading is pretty screwed up at the moment.

Any crit is appreciated.

Offline WM

• cubist
    • View Profile

Re: Zelda Mugshots

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 02:41:33 am
Check and realign the shoulders on both of them. Use each character's neck for reference as to how far to put out the shoulders. Since you're just delving into serious drawing, just eyeball the shoulder positions, shifting and adjusting accordingly, until it looks right.
I would suggest shifting the girl's head to our right just a tad, and making the right trap on the guy (his right) curve into the the neck more rather than being a flat horizontal line. Maybe bring his right shoulder into the body more, seeing as it will be a little covered by his chest/torso area. align his shoulders vertically unless you have a more dynamic pose in the works. I suggest reassessing the perspective and foreshortening of the guy's waving hand -- when my eye follows it, direction and viewing angle seems to change.
Very good, solid start  :y:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 02:49:08 am by WM »

Offline SengirDev

• View Profile

Re: Zelda Mugshots

Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 04:21:21 am

I didn't really work on the girl yet, but I'm pleased with how well the guy's hands came out.