AuthorTopic: (Wip) A Tree  (Read 17908 times)

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Re: (Wip) A Tree

Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 09:29:43 pm
I'm confused. So I have to make a color in between the color of the highlights and use it on the left side?

Offline Anarkhya

• View Profile
    • Hello, this is what I do

Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:00:27 pm
ok, sorry for being obscure, re-reading my post it seems that my thoughts didnt match my words... ;)
edit of the last ErekT image to precise:  

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 11:23:01 pm
So, you just thought the way the tree looked was deformed o.o?

Offline Anarkhya

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:12:25 am
well ErekT have already translated what my thoughts were:
The right side (our right) has some sharp highlights while the colours on the left side are more even. This makes for inconsistency within the foilage part of the tree. You can solve this two ways; first one is to just add highlights to the left side but that would appear to bring it forward into the light alongside the right, resulting in a flatter looking tree. Not a great solution in other words.

It seems I choosed the not too great solution in my edit ;)

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 01:28:00 am
IM confused on this part:
The other way would be to even out the stark highlights on the right side with in-between colours and/or using colours further apart from each other  on the left side to create a similar sense of contrast there.

Offline Anarkhya

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 12:18:53 pm
Well I admit this sentence also confuses me (and my translator tool) as english is not my mother tongue...

@ErekT: could you rephrase this for us: "The other way would be to even out the stark highlights on the right side with in-between colours and/or using colours further apart from each other  on the left side to create a similar sense of contrast there".

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 01:28:32 pm
Maybe he meant even out the Dark higlighs instead of stark?

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 01:40:40 pm
Oops, that sentence sounded lots better in my head actually  :P Sorry about the confusion. I'll try again. What I wanted to say, and I'm certainly no authority on any of this, was that he could try to use an even darker green for the shades on that left side, our left that is, to make it contrast more with the green he's using for the light tones on that same side. That way he'd get the same kind of contrast between the colours used on the left side as he now has on the right. Hope that's clears it up a bit.

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 05:57:25 pm
I guess I can try that. Will post the new one in a few hours, i'm going to head outside and enoy the sunny day today and study trees for a bit out there.

Offline e4r

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 02:14:08 pm
Im kind of confused at what you mean. I tried to understand a bit and came out with this:

I think I did it wrong sine i am still confused at what you mean, i'm a bit slow D;

Sorry it took so long to update, was enjoying the nice weather XD