AuthorTopic: Kari Portrait Help  (Read 4438 times)

Offline cdi

• -= well now... =-
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga

Kari Portrait Help

on: March 31, 2006, 01:18:27 am

Good? Bad? Utterly Horrible? *I'm coloring this tomorrow, not enought time tonight*
BASIC flames are for n00bs... you don't want to be a n00b do you?
Welcome Home

Offline David

• View Profile
    • I Am Not Original

Re: Kari Portrait Help

Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 01:56:39 am
Seems solid enough at the moment, but there's not much to comment on. Shading makes or breaks less detail-oriented lines such as these.

sonic_reaper

Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 02:24:40 am
I could see you running into some trouble at the left side where her hair more or less goes completely straight down.  Try expanding into her neckline/chest a bit more since it looks kind of a like a floating head at the moment.  I like the expression.

Offline Scuba Steve

• View Profile
    • Incredible Baron

Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 03:12:13 am
Looks a bit small... how is it comparative to the others?
Glub Glub!

Offline cdi

• -= well now... =-
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga

Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 03:45:05 am
tiny... maybe I should start over? no? The problem I'm having is that I can't do "big" art... Would it be illegal to use lineart modified? (as in public lineart by someone else) But I dunno...
Welcome Home

sonic_reaper

Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 03:46:21 am
Just draw the same thing ... but ... bigger ... I don't see how it's too difficult a thing to overcome.

I personally don't see any problems with the size.  If you added more to the body, it might turn out alright.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 03:48:53 am
Illegal? The pixel art police? I don't know if it's illegal but it's highly not recommended to use commercial stuff for any other purpose than study and tests. If you use somebody else's lineart, credit him and as far as 'legality' in this forum is concerned, you're fine. But I don't think you'll learn like this. A lot of people that usually do small pixel art have problems with bigger sizes because the latter is more like real-life sketching and not as dependent on pixel techniques most people can master from the technician standpoint, without need of talent. If you have problems with bigger lineart, getting better at it is probably something this forum can't help you directly with.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:08:41 am
can you schetch at all in traditional mediums? if so you can draw something, scan it in and then pixel trace it, while modifing anything you dont like. if you cant schetch in real life, starting to do so will improve youre lineart quality

Offline cdi

• -= well now... =-
    • View Profile
    • Omnimaga

Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 11:48:24 pm
I can sketch ^^ not well though (well imho) and probably not an entire upper body well (of course I tend to dislike ANYTHING I do)
Welcome Home