AuthorTopic: enemy pallet help  (Read 2089 times)

Offline zez

• View Profile

enemy pallet help

on: June 16, 2010, 12:41:37 am

So, first off, this is for a game that plays as a fast paced platform/shooter with some light RPG elements, I have been working on it for a fair bit of time, and am adding in a new~ish enemy (I had an older version of the sprite, and there AI is already coded and such. They fly around and shoot at you, fairly straight forward)
This is the female version, and they are part of a gang called the warbirds. They are enemy's with another wolf themed gang called the bloodwolves (super creative, I know)
Anyhow, the game is currently using a 16 color pallet, and I would like to not add in too many new shades. Currently I have added one to the games pallet for these guys, but Im 1.Totally not happy with the new color and 2. Having some issues getting it to blend well with the ones that Im already using.
Here is the current pallet
Any suggestions would be friggin awesome.
*EDIT*color 16 is alpha, btw, thus a 15 real color pallet. Also, this is before adding the new color to it.*EDIT*
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 12:43:33 am by zez »

Offline Rydin

• ...zzzt...
    • @thickDumps
    • View Profile
    • thickDumps

Re: enemy pallet help

Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 03:22:23 am
It strikes me as very flat and it all sort of blends together (which is made worse because it blends with the forum's background colors D:)
Try to use the lightness and darkness of the hues you choose to define what is close and what is far away.
Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.