AuthorTopic: Game sprite: Ubume ghost [WIP]  (Read 6974 times)

Offline Reo

• aka MechaBarbarian
    • MechaBarbarian
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/11318.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Game sprite: Ubume ghost [WIP]

Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 07:30:45 pm
Great animation  :)
I think her other sleeve should move as well.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 05:30:30 pm

Haven't gotten around to fixing the sleeves yet. I keep putting it off for some reason :mean: In the meantime I've been working on some animation to go along with the ghost scene :D This here is the buff player-avatar who comes along to exorcize the ghost. He receives the bundle the ghost is carrying, then discovers it's actually super-heavy. Next follows some heavy button-mashing to keep the hero from dropping the bundle (last three frames). Still need to shade it and create some trembling motion for those end frames.

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 02:48:52 am
Thats... awesome.
I think it could use a transition frame between the middle frame of the player holding it, and the final one where he is almost dropping it, and possibly a slight bounce back on the last frame (like he dropped it ever so slightly further and pulled it back up a little.)
Is there seriously going to be a dont drop the baby mini game? Thats friggin amazing. Just had to say that.

Offline ErekT

• fistful of pixels
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 05:05:15 pm
Is there seriously going to be a dont drop the baby mini game?

Sure why not?  :) The plan is for the ghost to give the player a reward if he manages to hold it long enough, I'm thinking the ability to handle other ghosts later on or something. If he drops the bundle the ghost will scream and disappear. Haven't really decided what's going to happen to the hero then exactly.. except that he dies horribly :crazy:

Anyhow, I fixed up the sleeves and reckon this to be pretty much done for now. Thanks for the help people :)