AuthorTopic: The Fallen  (Read 2493 times)

Offline bedelf

• java ftw
    • View Profile
    • Home of the Lightweight Java Game Library

The Fallen

on: June 01, 2010, 12:24:16 am
Ok, phew. So I decided to try something a bit harder today. I was looking at this screenshot of sor2 here:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/genesis/streets-of-rage-2/screenshots/gameShotId,111937/

.. and I kind of liked the way his legs looked so I started doodling in graphics gale, well, I kinda messed it up at first so he looked like he was falling backwards.. and I just went with it.

Montage!

and finally

You can see just how sloppy my process is. My color picking is TERRIBLE, but I tried harder to optimize the pallette compared to previous sprites I've made. Obviously, I lack the traditional art skills so the perspective and anatomy might be a bit wonky - I tried to get that book by Loomis today but Borders was out so I will work on that part some more as I go.

C+C is more than welcome here.

-thanks guys, peace
<-- thanks Peppermint Pig

Offline CharlesGabriel

• Veritas Omnia Vincit
    • View Profile
    • CG Artsenal

Re: The Fallen

Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 12:45:23 am
If colors are really bothering you and you don't want to start color creating for a while... maybe download one of the palettes I collected from my old site: http://www.antifarea.com/?page_id=177

Oh, and they'll be gone in a couple days, as soon as the site expires (for anyone who is interested also).

Offline Vermolius

• View Profile

Re: The Fallen

Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 02:23:06 am
The mouth looks really strange, is that white splotch supposed to be a white mustache? Teeth? A highlight? It contrasts highly with the dark pixel beneath it too, so when I look at this, I immediately see his o-face and I have trouble noticing much else. As for a fix, I'm not quite sure what you should do without knowing what it is supposed to be.