AuthorTopic: Creatures  (Read 13984 times)

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Creatures

Reply #30 on: April 02, 2006, 06:44:39 am

I'm almost done with the foreground grass. I've been trying to work on it from as short as a couple seconds to ten minutes at a time so I won't get burnt out on it. So far it's working.

Wow, nearly every artist I've ever looked up to has replied in here =X I appreciate it, guys.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 06:47:01 am by Blick »

Offline Naso

• ...?
    • View Profile
    • My PixelJoint

Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 10:31:27 am
Very nice, love the background, but it looks a little weird to be because the lighting for the monsters is coming at a South West angle, but the background shading is coming at a south east angle, but other then that, its super good :D

Cheese Cake -naso

Offline Blick

• I am not an eskimo.
    • pixeljoint.com/p/327.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 09:53:45 pm

I've had to explain the background shading being contradictory to the foreground shading to so many people that I'm just going to quote what I said in the other places.
I'm treating this like a real game. The creatures light sources actually oppose each others. Top and in front for the characters, just like in real fighting games (from what I've seen). I'm not going for an actual scene here, I'm going for something that looks like a commercial project, and with that I have to sacrifice some realism.

Oh god I still have to do the rocks, individual leaves and then tweak whatever there is to tweak. You had better buy me a hooker or something for this, Alex.