AuthorTopic: Small image dump  (Read 18198 times)

Offline Flame

• !
    • View Profile

Re: Small image dump

Reply #30 on: March 31, 2006, 03:10:45 pm
Your animations are so sharp, makes me want to work on mine some more

The only thing bugging me is how link holds his sword, doesn't really grasp it :P
!

Offline Nix

• when life throws you pixels.. make pixelade
    • View Profile

Reply #31 on: March 31, 2006, 05:30:48 pm
i like the girl form no ones livesforever:) its very easy to recognise. the animations areso beautifal. may i ask what program your using at temoment.. and if its adownload one please couldyoupost alink.. i know porgram doesnt help.. but the one ive got at the moment annoys me.
Nixel Art

Offline Darion

• View Profile
    • Portfolio bitch

Reply #32 on: March 31, 2006, 05:57:25 pm
Impressive man, I am loving your animations. I'd love to see more.

Do you ever plan to do any more animations with your avatar?
@darionmccoy

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #33 on: March 31, 2006, 09:49:29 pm
Really cool stuff here. I especially love the run animation of the Luggage, very cool feet movement.

The c64 palette I use is a lightened version of the Pepto-palette

Here is a little rant about the c64 palette and stuff. I use this slighly lighter palette because it looks better on pc monitors. The pepto one which is really close to the real thing is a bit dark on pc monitors and the white sticks out a lot. If watched on a c64 monitor or a blurry telly set it's way not as apperant.
http://ptoing.net/html/c64info.htm

Keep on animating them buggers :D
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline garsh

• I'll trade you 9 mouses for a pencil.
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 12:11:35 am
Commander Keen, a cop (is he a specific cop?), ?, Lara, Lara, Charlie Caplain or Jack the Ripper?, Ronald McDonald

?, Darth Vader, Storm Trooper, Boba Fett, Cpt. Zapp Brannigan, Homer Simpson

Duke Nuke, ?, Mario (fire flower powered up), Link, Beast (from Disney), one of those Tronn bots

Snow White, Robin Hood, wizards..., Hunchback and the gypsie (Disney style again)

?, ?, tencacles from Maniac Mansion (or Day of the Tentacle), Jessica Rabbit, Marvin (Hitchiker's Guide), Yoda, Chewbacca

And might I say, I'm most envious of your ability to render so many instantly recognizable likenesses with so few pixels. Well done.

(I deliberately didn't read other posts so as to avoid "cheating".)

Offline Razz

• AM I ENDING ALL MY QUESTIONS WITH PERIODS.
    • View Profile

Reply #35 on: April 01, 2006, 06:03:45 am
Oo, that's neat!

Offline Rox

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: April 02, 2006, 12:50:15 am
VERY neat. By the way, how long'd it take you to get Roxann there to look right? Personally, I can think of nothing worse than making miniature anthropomorphic heads. I've done it a hundred times, and I never ever feel even the least satisfied with them.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #37 on: April 02, 2006, 07:04:47 am
Rox, I'd say it took me about 10 minutes, it was one of the more difficult heads. It's hard to figure out what details to keep and what to drop, her face shape and ears were quite quick to do, but it took some experimenting to get the eyes and hair looking acceptable.

I'm probably not going to do anything with my avatar again. I'm really not very happy with the character design, or even the animation anymore. :P Hopefully I'll soon hit on some inspiring idea and do a replacement animation as big and better looking to replace it.

I started on a plane for Ludendorff (I figured a Fokker DR 1 would be good, still need to fix the proportions on it though) and lengthened his coat.

And thanks, Flame, for pointing out that Link rather sucked, I never was entirely satisfied with him and your comment pushed me to do a fix:

Better?

Thanks for all the comments so far! I should have some more stuff to show by Sunday evening.

Offline Nix

• when life throws you pixels.. make pixelade
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: April 02, 2006, 01:49:58 pm

i tried using your style.. but failed
Nixel Art

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: April 02, 2006, 06:23:56 pm
im loving all of these, and the animation with lara and ronald is just priceless. I demand more, pawige!
alexander