AuthorTopic: Character help+Tiles  (Read 26238 times)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Re: Character help+Tiles

Reply #60 on: May 30, 2010, 05:40:33 pm
Thanks for that link Chis, and thanks for the edit wenruto :)
I've fixed the momentum thing now, just going to fix up a few more things before posting.

Offline Wenruto

• View Profile

Reply #61 on: May 31, 2010, 12:23:53 am
Hehe No Prob Can't Wait to See The Other stuff That You're Making :)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #62 on: May 31, 2010, 12:29:26 am

Started on another punch, but it's nowhere near finished yet ^_^
Trying to debate on whether doing a spin kick or an uppercut for the last hit of the combo.

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Reply #63 on: May 31, 2010, 09:58:25 am
Remember to think about what you want him to hit, and where you want that something to be. The second punch right now has more or less zero range? How would that work in a game?

Etc - you should think about such things.

If you ever decide to revamp your animation, then I urge you to use these steps:

1. draw wind-up frame
2. draw mid-punch frame (arm fully extended) <- this should be made to be as effective as possible and should also probably be redrawn from scratch. His whole body balance should probably shift slightly.
3. In-between frames! (mostly a load of overreach>follow-through frames after the punch, actually)

Yup, that's a good workflow : D
' _ '

Offline Wenruto

• View Profile

Reply #64 on: May 31, 2010, 12:19:50 pm
Yes Basicly What Jad said  Just Checked One of his brilliant works  :P  and you'll want to look at this as reference for your punch animation  :y:
BTW YOU SEEMED TO IGNORE OTHER'S CRITICS ABOUT THE LEG MOVEMENT   :huh: FIX THE LEGS UNLESS HE'S GOING TO FIGHT ON A SLIPPERY SCENE  Like Chis Said earlier  WHERE HIS LEGS MOVE UNCONTROLLABLY  ??? ..Since it's the start hope you fix those errors Good luck...   :)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #65 on: June 01, 2010, 05:03:16 am
Ah looks like i still have a long way to go  :) , luckily school gets out this week so i'll have lotsa freetime soon.  Thanks for the advice Jad and Wenruto!
(About the leg movement- I thought it was subtle enough not to be noticed much but it seems i was wrong so that'll be changed in the next update)

Offline linx

• View Profile

Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 08:51:41 pm
Well, i was looking back on all of my work and looking at some other game designs and came with the conclusion that i wasn't really satisfied with my work.  After some drawing and such, i went back and redesigned the character.

Next step is animating i guess heh   :lol:
Edit: Forgot to say thanks ot the guys at pixelation chat and Tyvon for lots of help  ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:05:47 pm by linx »