AuthorTopic: Breakfast Logo  (Read 3669 times)

Offline ChadHachey

• Send more paramedics
    • View Profile
    • PixelJoint

Breakfast Logo

on: May 18, 2010, 06:14:27 pm

So, we're doing an assignment in my Graphic Arts class and I have to make a new logo for Bay Breakfast (An event that's hosted by local schools here) and after a few minutes I came up with this.  I'm quite aware that the cup looks horrible right now, I'm planning on making it sleeker, and less blocky. So, besides the cup do you guys have any suggestions on making this logo more appealing. And yes I know logo's should be done in vector, but oh well.

Offline Pizza Tom

• @pizzadramon
    • pizzatom
    • View Profile
    • Blag

Re: Breakfast Logo

Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 06:36:31 pm
I'd say right now the main issue with it is the colors. If this is to be an advertisement for an event, you want it to grab people's attention, but with your low contrast neutral color scheme it's anything but engaging. Add a strong hue or two, or maybe even just raise the saturation.
pizzatom.tumblr.com
@pizzadramon

Formerly Regulus Awesome

Offline ChadHachey

• Send more paramedics
    • View Profile
    • PixelJoint

Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 09:13:14 pm

I wasn't really paying much attention to color since it's going to be printed out in black and white,  but you're totally right. Too bad I always have huge problems with color. Are the colors more eye catching this time around?

Edit:

Text illegible?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 11:33:47 am by ChadHachey »

Offline Kidfrommars

• My location? It's kinda obvious..
    • View Profile
    • RPG Land

Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:57:31 am
I like the update, but yes, the text is pretty illegable. It might be better if it was bigger, but at the moment I can hardly read it.

I also love the new colours.

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 06:33:09 pm
If you're taking a graphic design course and you turn in pixel art for your first branding project, I'm afraid you may get laughed at. Unless it's for Habbo Hotel or something.

You gotta get into vector eventually. Once you're accustomed to it, you'll love it! Get a good book or online toots and just buckle down and git 'er done.

Offline ChadHachey

• Send more paramedics
    • View Profile
    • PixelJoint

Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 02:23:57 am
This wasn't going to be the official logo or anything, it was just a simple assignment. Most students are just using clip art from the internet as the logo (Fact: Using clip art for a logo is 100% fine as long as you trace over it yourself. This teacher is crazy) I don't have anything against using vector, I've already done quite a few assignments in vector already. This was just a quick sketch, which was later going to be done in vector. Now it's just some personal project I'm playing around with, though I should probably start working on that landscape I started a while back again, heh.