AuthorTopic: Newb trying to get better  (Read 2723 times)

Offline macgyver

• View Profile

Newb trying to get better

on: June 02, 2010, 04:10:56 am
Hey everyone! Glad I stumbled upon this wonderful forums you have here. I'm helping make an isometric rpg game, and I am in charge of making the character sprites.

I've attempted a couple so far, but they are pretty darn weak. I'm looking at examples of other peoples work to try and add more depth with shading and outlining and such, but really haven't had much luck.

Is there any suggestions, tricks, or tutorials that could help me improve? Also the way I am creating them is pixel by pixel in photoshop. I've heard of people drawing it out big, and then resizing it down to pixel size, is this a faster/easier method?

Here are some examples of my first tries:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Offline Lizzrd

• View Profile

Re: Newb trying to get better

Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 09:29:34 am
For animations, the whole person should be moving. Try to walk by a mirror a couple of times if you have one.
Photocopier: the fact that arne can also code so well
Photocopier: is horrificly unfair

Offline Mattsnoops

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:19:48 pm
it looks as if he is walking west south , that is due to your incorrect shading on the shoe and the shape of the legs, it just looks odd, also add some hands and shoulder movement.

Offline Wenruto

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:13:45 pm
Looks Like He's Doing The Moon Dance... The Top PArt Should also  GEt Some Movement  The Arms Also