AuthorTopic: Self-Portrait  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Dr D

• Not a real doctor.
    • View Profile
    • PJ Gallery

Self-Portrait

on: May 14, 2010, 07:04:52 am
So I've been working on this for a while now, needless to say; I like it enough to be posting it here for comm'n'crits.

Here's the ref I used:
Link
And here's a less craptastic, more recent pic of myself:
Link

Please drop some critique, thanks.

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: Self-Portrait

Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 07:50:08 am
Looking good! I think you did a real nice job around the mouth especially. The main problem I see is some star trek stuff going on where the nose meets the brow. It is much too thick in yours. Also, the brdige of your nose is pretty straight, in this it is highly curved. I made some edits on these topics, plus a few other things too.

Also, remember that the tips of the mouth, in a normal person, align vertically with the middle of the iris. I widened the mouth a bit to account for this, but it could probably stand to be a bit wider. One thing I didn't do, that I think you should, is enlarge the eyes a bit.

Keep up the good work!

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 08:28:15 am
Hi!
Time for an edit of an edit.

I think NaCl was right on most of his edit. The cheek bones were definitely an improvement; when you make them too dark it makes them look like deep indents, like you didn't eat enough or did too many drugs and your cheeks caved in.
The eyes in his have lots of dark areas your original is missing, but he also sacrificed all the light spots  :'( requires balance! Besides that, my main issue was with the areas around the bridge of the nose. Outlining it in a dark area ain't good because around the middle portion it has a smoother connection to the face, breaking the 'outline' caused by the very top of the bridge and the tip of the nose.
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:50:47 am
Damn thats a beautiful nose. I learn by seeing!

Offline had0c

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 06:29:25 pm
Damn thats a beautiful nose. I learn by seeing!

Gay..

but yeah it is

also made some changes for you to look at "might help might not"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 06:41:10 pm by had0c »