AuthorTopic: GR#022 - Spectra Bird - Sprite Process  (Read 11829 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: Spectra-Bird

Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 01:18:36 pm
People tend to push up the shoulder on the opposite side of the weight-bearing leg. It's a structural thing that you couldn't really change anymore, so I leave this as an advice for the next piece. This is, to me, largely the problem with this piece.

If the bird holds up the cage with its left arm, the weight would normally fall on the right leg. You have it the other way round, this causes the unnatural looking pose.

Other then that, I think I really like this. Good job :y:

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 06:55:13 pm
Great piece. Great thread. Every one of us has their big-muscle-guy-or-other thing to get beyond: thanks BOB.

I'm longing for something in that cage. Lil' birdie is the obvious idea, what else?

Offline Mathias

• Goodbye.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/9542.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 07:25:40 pm
Is perspective of cage and figure jivin' ok? We're looking slightly down at the figure, yet looking upward at the cage. Scrutinize it; see what you think. Weird shadow bugs me.

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 03:17:44 pm
Is perspective of cage and figure jivin' ok? We're looking slightly down at the figure, yet looking upward at the cage. Scrutinize it; see what you think.

I was going to point this out.  It's dynamic, but not necessarily in a way I enjoy...
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.