AuthorTopic: Any ideas? Fantasy landscape WIP  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Jakerpot

• View Profile

Any ideas? Fantasy landscape WIP

on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:35 pm
Hello guys, i had never make any pixel art forest stuff before, and i really like forests  ;D

So i came with this strange apocaliptic/fantasy/odd picture of an underwater dead forest or something like that. I'm not a pro, so i can say i'm satisfyied 'till know, but i don't know how to end it!
As you can see, the ground is full of dirt and branches, and i have this hill in the background that i really don't know how to continue. Should i create something different in the background? Thanks!

Obs: This was made actually to practice some color techinques, like reducing pallete and contrast. I will anti-aliase it further. I'm brazilian, sorry for typing mistakes  :-[
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:10:57 pm by Jakerpot »

Offline Manupix

• View Profile
    • Pixeljoint gallery

Re: Any ideas? Fantasy landscape WIP

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:38:33 am
Nice colors.

It could use a little eye-catching detail in the center, such as a silhouette of a ruin. Keep it simple!

It doesn't read as underwater to me. Some specific light effects might hint at the water surface above.

Trees have a good texture, but not so convincing shapes. Branches are too big for the trunks. I'd suggest studying some trees from life, if you get the chance.

Offline Jakerpot

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 03:12:55 pm
It could use a little eye-catching detail in the center, such as a silhouette of a ruin. Keep it simple!.

Yeah! Great idea! I will make a ruin silhouette in the background.

Actually it doesn't mean to be underwater, i just feel it was  :P

I will solve the branches question too (or not).

Thanks for the feedback!  ;D

Offline Jakerpot

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 04:48:01 pm
Well, i think i'm almost done  :)

What do you guys think???