AuthorTopic: [WIP] A Barbarian  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Someguy1992

• View Profile

[WIP] A Barbarian

on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:05 am
I'm pretty new at pixel art, so all comments are welcomed. Please tell me what you think about this. I really need some C+C on the boots and the manly skirt. I do believe it's possible that it looks weird because of the colors though.

Thanks.

~~Edit~~
There are no hands yet. And the face hasn't been shaded.
And I was wondering, are his legs going to be to long? Perhaps push the boots up to fix that?
-Added the image below, with a rough sketch of the hands and the boot pushed up a little.
Btw, I used Conan Comics for reference.
And I do know I drew his chest foward and not isometricly (sadly).
Uploaded a knight, I made him to practice dithering, but the result is pretty nice, and I wanted some C+C on it too. IF possible. Thanks.

NEw:

Different:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:19:41 am by Someguy1992 »

Offline Kælaar

• A life without Creativity is a life wasted.
    • View Profile
    • Kælaars Artstuffz

Re: [WIP] A Barbarian

Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:03:35 pm
Harrooo =O)

The basic rule of thumb with anatomy is that the legs are the same length as the head to pelvis. Also equaling a total of 7.5 - 8 head lengths from head to toe. The tips of the fingers should come down to mid thigh.
although i have no way to thoroughly look at this atm i would say having the proportions right and the angles fix the torso, also the torso shape is far too wide for standard anatomy, even if your going for a heroic look its too close to the arms. I personally would focus on getting the anatomy right and everything before moving on the the clothes and hair, i hope you are using multiple layers =P

and just because its driving killing me to ponder this... is he wearing zebra striped underwear?

hope this helps,

K.