AuthorTopic: Crows [Me] Alter Ego  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Crows [Me] Alter Ego

on: April 11, 2010, 07:03:49 pm
So last night I was looking around for reference for some work I'm doing, and I came across this. http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/index.php?topic=7479.0

I looked at the topic starter, and he was a beginner trying to learn some techniques, ok. Nothing strange, then I scroll down a bit and I see an edit containing the pose of my Dreams. Lol, I said I had to have it.

A couple hours later, I make this from it.

Yep. Super Sayian 3 Broly Meets Ryu from Breath of Fire lol.
But like I said I want it to be some sort of alter ego of mine, to use as Avatars etc, since I love Crows, swords and bulky guys- I mean what? *cough* >.> lol jk.

This is a rough sketch of what both wings may look like...

Something I know I have to do is lower the top spikes a little.

But besides that, I don't know the rules on editing other peoples stuff... I hope I gave enough credit, if it's something completely intolerable then go ahead and delete this topic and give me whatever infraction, I'll risk it.

Edit: More details and Less rough wings, on both sides now!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:05:04 pm by Zettman »

Offline Dekthro

• View Profile

Re: Crows [Me] Alter Ego

Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 05:56:22 pm
Nice I like it. The wing appears much to high, as if it is coming out of his hair/head.

Offline Zettman

• Prinny, dood.
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:57:34 pm
Yeah I know, I was just rough sketching it to see what kind of wing I should use. Still undecided on that, but this seems like the best choice.

Edit: Put up a new edit.

EditEdit: I wonder why no one is posting here o.o yet I have 300 views (Right now) xD
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:21:24 pm by Zettman »

Offline Ultimaodin

• Unknown Artistry
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:03:17 am
First off don't expect to get reply's straight p there are a lot of lurkers like myself.
I rarely ever post because I'm not to proud of my pixel ability so I'm trying to improve before I do show anything more.

First thing I have to say is if your planing to put this in an avatar I wouldn't have the wings outstretched because a lot of sites have size restrictions.
Second thing is the lack of shading on the body and armour etc... compared to the hair. The hair looks like it has dimension while the rest looks flat which weird me out.

Next thing is the jaggies that show up on the wings. try cleaning that up a bit.

The only real issue I find is some strange tuffles of hair sticking up just above (our) left shoulder. It looks odd and if it's meant to be feathers it blends too much into the hair.
Not sure what others may think but to me it confuses the flow of the hair.

Keep up the progress!

Offline EvilEye

• Game Developer Extroaordinaire
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 04:13:37 am
The wings should have a lot more volume at the base where they connect to the body. Look at some pictures of birds wings.

Right now it looks like there is too much weight to be supported by such a flimsy connection.