AuthorTopic: [WIP] Walking hunter  (Read 6765 times)

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] Walking hunter

Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:03 am
Awesome, thanks! I'll work on that. My issue was that i tried to make like an in between frame to even out the arms and it didn't look so hot...i may try to make his arms more moving the entire time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:27:51 pm by freespyryt »

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 05:28:01 pm
UPDATE: I tried to cut out the moving up and down and fix the hair, but I still need to work on that shading.
Grimsane: You're right, I was trying to use more lighting detail, but I it's not working out :/ perhaps staying consistent is better for the piece. I don't know why the palette is so huge. It honestly only shows the 24 colors I'm using and then a bunch of black on my computer (I'm using GraphicsGale) so I don't know how to shrink it down. I'm trying to make him look as if he's running the entire time...which brings me to my problem with my current ride view. He is walking. When I speed him up he *kind of* looks like he's running, but not really. And also I can't seem to get the view right. It looks kind of like I'm looking right at him and I'm aiming for a 3/4 view...so I'm not sure how that's going to go down.
Also about the belt...Definitely need work on that. That helps immensely. Thank you!
<-- New Side View
<--updated Front view

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 07:38:56 pm
If your goal (Im a little unclear on if this is what you are asking) is to make it appear more like the view is from slightly ontop, you want to enlarge the head, and shrink the legs to reflect the vanishing point being lower, right now its directly behind the character, making the view basically dead on. Thats actually fine, as it is the standard view for an rpg. If you are going a true 3/4ths view, as in, the character is facing down left or down right, you want the side closest to the viewpoint to be slightly larger then the side further away, making the leading foot lower and the head slightly larger from that side, and you are also going to want to show both sides of the face, although, with the side further away being smaller. Look at sprites from tactics ogre for a good reference on this view. I dont think thats actually what you are going for though...

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 12:16:38 am
It is, actually...kind of. I didn't mean 3/4, I meant the same view of Secret of mana (overhead?). I just couldn't remember the name. I've been looking at the Secret of Mana sprites for inspiration on angle, but it's been hard to get mine like that without it looking goofy, or just not working.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:36:04 am by freespyryt »

Offline freespyryt

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 06:39:00 am
Not to double post but I've been trying to edit my walking guy so we can finally get his animation right *crosses fingers* but now i'm running into a problem. I was able to do the north and south walking animations with 5 frames...it's taking me 10 to get a good side view...or 8 and it looks kind of choppy.
10 frames:
8 frames:
10 frames is still a little jerky but less so I think. So I guess I'm asking 2 things:
Is there a good way to make it less choppy?
And is 10 frames excessive/could or should I do it in 8 instead?
Thanks!