AuthorTopic: Sprite help and c&c please  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Pixman

• View Profile

Sprite help and c&c please

on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:32 pm

My sprite i did for some practice just looking for some advice on how to improve it, also i need some advice or help on the legs, iv tried all sorts but nothing looks good enougth

Offline Olothontor

• View Profile

Re: Sprite help and c&c please

Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:17:40 pm
The shading/darker lines are very scribbled and undefined, perhaps sharpen them up a bit? Also, your arms are a bit off; they should either be equal length, of the 'shorter' one should bend more.

Don't know what to tell you about the legs, though. I'm poop at human form.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa

Offline Corinthian Baby

• Meditating Pixel Placement
    • View Profile

Re: Sprite help and c&c please

Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 08:31:18 pm
There's a couple issues here.
-Need more contrast. The colors are really similar and it makes him look really flat, especially on the face where the only readable features are his eyes.
-One arm is longer than the other one. I realise the perspective you are trying to do but the pixel offset is too big. It should only be 1-2 pixels above his right arm (our left)
-his arms are squiggly, and not anatomy based. There is no visable distinction between hand, wrist, bicep, and triceps.
-I think his pelvis may be sticking out too much. I would shift the bottom torso to the begging on his legs left 1 pixel.
-You have 2 colors for the outlines but they seem to be used randomly and aren't different enough to justify the use of an extra color.