AuthorTopic: Bob the Merchant  (Read 2597 times)

Offline mocha_san

• View Profile
    • www.zachrisso.com

Bob the Merchant

on: April 04, 2010, 12:48:50 am

I am finished with this piece, as I am too tired to stare at it any longer. Critique would be lovely though, so I can improve the next piece I pixel.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:59:38 am by mocha_san »

Offline politopo

• View Profile

Re: Bob the Merchant

Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:49:51 am
3 things (I'll be direct):
- the chin is not AA-ed like the rest is (also the violet vest on the sides, but that will be really hard to get, maybe it would need to change the slant of the external lines to straight)
- the contrast is low, it can be a stile issue, to keep the piece "dolly" or it can be due to the fact that
- you are pixellig on a white background, which heavily tricks your eyes and gives you a wrong perception of contrast and colors, try editing this piece on a neutral BG, like the color of this forum (color that was not choosen random by the maker of this website which are all very good and expert graphicians and pixel artits). Also when you start a piece use this or another similar (intermediate saturation and light) color as a BG, doing this will save your time.
P.S.: you left 4 white pixels from your BG that's the base of last point of critique.
P.P.S.: O.T.: is graphicians an english word? or should it be graphicists?  ???

good work, keep going :)

Offline mocha_san

• View Profile
    • www.zachrisso.com

Re: Bob the Merchant

Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:09:16 pm
Thanks for the critique! :D

- I'll have to work on the chin a little more.
- The lower contrast is purely intentional, as you said, part of the style.

Re: P.S: Haha, yeah, I noticed the stray pixels after I posted, but I was too lazy to go back to photobucket and change it xP