AuthorTopic: WIP runcycle for RPG/social game  (Read 13170 times)

Offline 1up

• bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Re: WIP runcycle for RPG/social game

Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 09:52:24 pm
this has nothing to do with "going for generic"(i dont even know what this means)
you seem to be using style as an excuse for making a legitimately good animation

so i give up, peace

Offline MadHatter

• im nipples the enchilada
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 10:50:56 pm
its not the same as the skip
In the skip posted the guy swings his hands back and forth, and isn't stiff
notice, before jumping he gains energy to jump, and he swings his arms. while in mid air, he doesn't move his legs as though he were running. more as though he were jumping, which he is. and when he lands he doesn't recover automatically. it isn't a stun or anything, but yours shows no reaction to landing
haters will be haters
i'm not a hater, just a hatter.

holy fuck that was horrible

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 11:03:54 pm
Huh, okay, I think I follow. So, on the land, I should bend the knee a bit, and maybe use two frames to get back up in the air instead of 1?

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: March 31, 2010, 01:41:22 am

Did that do it?
*EDIT* The front leg looks a little bit too fat on the new frame... Ill fix that in a bit if the motion looks right, I think it is an improvement though...*EDIT*
*EDIT2* Is she dropping to fast? Should I maybe make her lag in the air a second longer?*EDIT2*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 01:49:34 am by zez »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 02:16:29 am
no no, you have two frames that aren't helping anything and the rest of the movement suffers from morphed limbs and lack of realistic bounce.

This is a 6 frame animation, fewer than yours but the keyframes are more solid. Animation cannot be approached without some fundamental ideas clear in mind.

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #25 on: March 31, 2010, 05:29:44 am
Man, that kinda puts mine to shame. I see what you mean about unnecessary frames (4 & 8 on mine, Im assuming) I was going for more of a skippy frolic vibe then a mad dash, but apparently my animation didnt portray that. Anyhow, this is totally food for thought, Ima give yours some further study before I revisit mine.
// Edit, because I think double posting may be bad etiquette?

Is that better? Does it look anything like frolicking through a field of daises?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 06:10:32 am by zez »

Offline JaJitsu

• View Profile
    • JaJitsu.com

Reply #26 on: March 31, 2010, 06:59:57 am
Are you going to fix the spike arms?

Offline zez

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: March 31, 2010, 09:56:29 am
Yeah, Im also going to fix up the chest so it doesnt implode as she takes steps, and I might make the head rotate a little bit (although that would mean Id have to animate every possible facial feature rotating, so I might not...) but Im trying to get the legs right first.

Offline Nystre

• View Profile
    • PixelxCore

Reply #28 on: April 02, 2010, 08:16:20 pm
The frames where the legs are coming forward utterly lack any sort of force and don't have nearly as much motion as when they're coming back. You're keeping them too close to the ground and they're still not stretching out far enough. You see how you've curled the leg up fairly high when they're going backwards? It needs an equal amount of movement when going forward.

Offline tetsuya_shino

• Yokosuka, Japan
    • View Profile

Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:50 am
Wow, this takes me back! :) That image MadHatter posted was the same one I used when first learning how to animate walking and running. I think what you need to do is look at that image again and try to make an 8 frame walking animation.

Another idea is to simply get up now and start walking. Notice how your feet move, how high and when you legs lift up.

You said you were going for a ' skippy frolic' animation. And that's cool. However, it would do you well to learn how to make a normal walking animation first.