AuthorTopic: [WIP] 32x32 Isometric Mountain Tileset  (Read 16611 times)

Offline Beefmo

• View Profile

Re: [WIP] 32x32 Isometric Mountain Tileset

Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:44:38 am
Didnt really have much time to work on this today, but I just went through and gave the same treatment to the floor tiles that I did to the wall blocks.

But it seems through all these edits I've completely lost my tile boundaries >< Seems like there is alot of the front face lighting showing through to the side face, and equally too much of the dark floor face is showing through to the overall top facing..... garrrr....

To Jad: That is crazy... almost TOO crazy... Unless ofcourse I'm some sort of master hacker and corrupted your save only to claim credit for myself! And if I'm reading you right, are you refering to the top faces brightness? I tried dulling it a little, but it seems if I take it even a little further it blends into the front face too much.

I think I may take it back to the mock I posted on the 23rd and see how it would look with just some "slight" texturing.

Offline PypeBros

• Pixel Padawan
    • PypeBros
    • View Profile
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.

Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 10:59:03 am
I think you might want to have an alternate tile for the ground of cave entrances. It's extremely hard to read it right now.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 07:45:55 pm
I think the floor side of these tiles comes across as a bit too busy. Especially considering how much junk ends up on the floor in a playthrough of DF. I think you'd be better off with a simpler, 2-3 colour floor tile

Offline Beefmo

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 12:46:32 am
To PypeBros: Sadly I cannot specify a specific tile for a cave entrance, although the dev's are working on darkening indoor tiles that would help the problem with the hidden entrances.

To crab2selout: This is where I'm finding it really hard to strike a balance, since the floor tiles have to work as edges too, I've been messing around with softening the edges in the floor tiles trying to strike a balance that masks the grid and works in all circumstances, should have another update later tonight/tomorrow morning.

And thanks for the comments all!