AuthorTopic: GraphicsGale exporting transparency improperly  (Read 3502 times)

Offline KaiserFate

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt

GraphicsGale exporting transparency improperly

on: March 22, 2010, 08:06:14 am
I feel the need to post a "god help me" thread here because I've been pulling my hair out over this one for some time now.
The long and short of it is that GraphicsGale (I am using the full licensed edition, version 1.93.12) is saving animated gifs with transparent backgrounds in an awful stacked formation, producing such horrorible oddities as this:

When in fact, the sequence of frames is this:

The short term solution I tried was doing away with transparency entirely and just filling the back with a junk colour and making that the transparency colour manually in ImageReady, but this is a whole extra step that is cumbersome and time consuming, and sometimes doesn't even work, adding more to my frustration.

The fact that I like GraphicsGale and intend to keep using it doesn't help either. PLEASE tell me there is a solution to this problem that I have somehow missed.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 08:09:48 am by KaiserFate »

Offline NaCl

• When it rains it pours
    • View Profile

Re: GraphicsGale exporting transparency improperly

Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:42:29 am
Search carefully for an option window and look for "replace last frame" or somesuch. I had the same problem with GIMP at one point, but found that option and checked it. It will probably be somewhere in the save dialog.

Offline EyeCraft

• What are you scared of?
    • View Profile
    • Death By Dev

Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 11:18:32 am
Ahhh yes this used to drive me insane... that and GG not saving transparency at ALL  :yell:

Go to frame properties, check All Frames, set Disposal to Previous.

Disposal controls what is kept and what is removed when a new frame is rendered. Previous just wipes everything before rendering the new frame, so it's probably what you'll want to use the majority of times you animate.  :)

Offline KaiserFate

• View Profile
    • My deviantArt

Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 11:54:56 am
Ahhh yes this used to drive me insane... that and GG not saving transparency at ALL  :yell:

Go to frame properties, check All Frames, set Disposal to Previous.

Disposal controls what is kept and what is removed when a new frame is rendered. Previous just wipes everything before rendering the new frame, so it's probably what you'll want to use the majority of times you animate.  :)

==>

AAAAH THANK YOU SO MUCH

I think I can be forgiven for not picking that one up of my own accord. How utterly obscure. In any case I can breathe a sigh of relief now as I think I've just about got this silly program worked out.  :y: